• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquariumsforyou.com

I just read that they closed up shop and declared bancruptcy. Does anyone know for 100% certainty that they are closed. If it is true, i feel bad for all people losing out on product ordered and employees involved. Base on my experience i'm not all that surprised though.

Harry

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Someone on MR said that he heard they were just relocating. I certainly wouldn't take it as fact, though. It could have just been wishful thinking on their part.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They may relocate but I'm sure they'll open under a different name and make no claims to AFY commitments.

I've never heard anything good about that company.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OUCH! That's beat. I guess it was just wishful thinking by the guy on MR.

Sorry you got so ripped off by them Harry. I imagine it's got to be a little bitter sweet to be hearing this news.

So where is Minotaur15? No updates for us?

RichT said:
They may relocate but I'm sure they'll open under a different name and make no claims to AFY commitments.

I've never heard anything good about that company.

Rich, this wouldn't surprise me if in fact they do this. It's a crappy way to do business and you end up ripping off lots of people. And based on my own experience your perception of the company is spot on.

Harry

JohnS_323 said:
OUCH! That's beat. I guess it was just wishful thinking by the guy on MR.

Sorry you got so ripped off by them Harry. I imagine it's got to be a little bitter sweet to be hearing this news.

So where is Minotaur15? No updates for us?

At least i got my sump that i ordered from them. Of course i had to mod it to work and downsize my pump, but i really feel for all the people that aren't going to get anything that they paid for. And i think IMO we will never hear from Minotaur15 again, but he might surprise us.

Harry

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They have a lot of money that belongs to NYFireman (Nick). Apparently he never did get his tank from them.

Phyl said:
They have a lot of money that belongs to NYFireman (Nick). Apparently he never did get his tank from them.

he just posted this on MR ''Well I went there today and they are GONE completely. I called and they left the number for tenecor. Apparentl they are tring to do right for people YET even though you paid AFY you would still have to buy it from them. They do acrylic and the rep who I happened to good freinds with said they are gonna try to get into the place to see whats in there. But cant until the process is over. He said Tenecor if they find tank done w/ paperwork or enough glass they will try again TRY to get them out to AFY's customers. But no promises. He's gonna KIT with me and LMK right away what is going on. But as of now we are all S-O-L''

wow :(

boozeman said:
Phyl said:

he just posted this on MR ''Well I went there today and they are GONE completely. I called and they left the number for tenecor. Apparentl they are tring to do right for people YET even though you paid AFY you would still have to buy it from them. They do acrylic and the rep who I happened to good freinds with said they are gonna try to get into the place to see whats in there. But cant until the process is over. He said Tenecor if they find tank done w/ paperwork or enough glass they will try again TRY to get them out to AFY's customers. But no promises. He's gonna KIT with me and LMK right away what is going on. But as of now we are all S-O-L''

wow :(

I'm confused how is Tenecor going to honor all the pending builds? Am i misunderstanding something?

Harry

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
harryk said:
I'm confused how is Tenecor going to honor all the pending builds? Am i misunderstanding something?

Tenecor does a lot of custom building for many of the "stores" that claim to custom build. The stores takes the specs, send it to tenecor, they make the product and sell it to the Store... and so on and so on.

Tenecor, does make some great custom stuff.

pgordemer said:
harryk said:

Tenecor does a lot of custom building for many of the "stores" that claim to custom build. The stores takes the specs, send it to tenecor, they make the product and sell it to the Store... and so on and so on.

Tenecor, does make some great custom stuff.

Yea i know they make nice stuff. I got an email from Tenecor the other day telling me how AFY closed it's doors due to a bad economy and rising materials cost and that they will be offering "special discounts" and try to work with AFY customers that are stuck. if someone paid AFY why would tenecor honor the agreement? did AFY pay them to build it? Possibly. I was at AFY's shop, there were many tanks in the build process so i think they probably made most inhouse. I've read on some of the forums that guys are out big money. I don't think Tenecor is gonna honor much of anything, just probably looking to pickup some new business, but i hope i'm wrong. Most people will call their CC companies to get their money back and they will go somewhere else and pay to have a new tank built and forget all about AFY.

Harry

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Heres the email Tenecor sent me:

Tenecor Aquariums regrets that “Aquariums For You” has closed its doors permanently after 16 years of making high quality glass and acrylic aquariums. The owners, management, and staff of “Aquariums For You” are unfortunate victims of a slowed economy burdened with ever increasing resource costs. Be assured that this team worked with the greatest effort, but could not avoid what befell them.

Tenecor is working in tandem, but as separate entities, with the former management of “Aquariums For You” in an attempt to facilitate the resolution of past and current issues to the extent that they can realistically be remediated.

Tenecor is also offering specialized one time discounts and financing plans to both mitigate any loses and to facilitating the prompt fulfillment of past, current, and future orders.

This is a difficult time for all involved and adversely affected. Tenecor and “Aquariums For You” truly love this industry and, despite the situation, will try to do whatever we can to work with everyone to get through it in an organized and efficient manner.

Customers can contact Tenecor with any questions, issues, and requests.

Tenecor, Inc. 800-826-5420 Sales@Tenecor.com www.Tenecor.com

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks like they're hoping to reduce the charge backs to AFY. Anyone affected should be in contact with their CC company ASAP... Before they get paid out from the most recent month's billings.

So much for them becoming a sponsor. ::)

Too bad. Would have been nice to have a "Quality" tank builder right in our own backyard.