• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AQUASTUDIO NYC actual shop pics

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I took some pics when I was there and just got around to uploading them. These are not the best pics, was just firing away.

Coral display tanks, there are 4 of these each like 400 gallons. These will be stocked with coral for sale and fish just for show.
DSC_2358.jpg

DSC_2357.jpg

DSC_2350.jpg

DSC_2351.jpg

This is there 200XL they have setup in the back of the store in wall. Very nice tank.
DSC_2333.jpg

DSC_2334.jpg

DSC_2335.jpg

DSC_2337.jpg

DSC_2339.jpg

DSC_2340.jpg

Ridiculous custom tank they had there, probably about 10 feet long, very tempting:
DSC_2342.jpg

The famous Clarion in their 120XL:
DSC_2348.jpg

Just a really cool puffer
DSC_2360.jpg

DSC_2359.jpg

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Those are some nice shots Mike. I'm jealous that there are no stores like that down our way. :sorrow: That puffer is really cool too!

Flare, the hippo looks pretty healthy to me. If you're referring to the splotch marks on the facial area... that's kind of normal for hippos because they tend to dart in and out of rockwork often and they seem to scuff themselves up a bit trying to get into tight spaces.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
This is going to be a full LFS which should be pretty cool. They have tanks setup for fish and inverts and sell the full lines of elos additives, foods, and test kits. Working on them as a sponsor as well.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
There may have been some spots, I don't remember. That was from their display tank and those fish where not from sale. Considering it is a blue hippo tang, I would be surprised not to see ich on a new one in a newly setup tank.

Most likely, I know my blue hippo have ich that comes and goes like a cold and hes been fat and happy in my tank for over 3 years.

I just stop by the store today during my lunch break. That place is SWEEEEEEEET!!! They are having their grand opening this week, so all live stock are 25% off until Sunday. I had a chance to meet the president of Elos that flew from Italy. Mike is a pretty cool guy. He got his sleeves rolled up buffing the tanks. I believe Raf is the store owner. He is very knowledgeable and extremely friendly so are the rest of the staff.

The livestock there seems very healthy. I picked up a purple torch coral at a pretty good price. You got to check out the store. It's one of a kind. When you are there definitely look out for the fascinating electric pattern sea urchin and the Australian apple. I will try to post some pics (not sure if it will get blocked at work :D)

Matt

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I was there saturday as well for the grand opening,
got some new goodies and talked to Larry he's hoping in the next few weeks to start bringing in sps just waiting for the systems to mature a bit more,the scoly's they have are unreal.
The highlite of the day was when everyone was watching and listening to my 8 year old son school Jesse on the do's and dont's of reefing and how to care for the fish properly and ID them

i will have to live vicarously through you guys. I think my wife will disown me if i go there. As it is my Tank and Equip is worth more than our car. I STAGGER at the value of the stuff I got while knowing deepdown I want an ELOS tank and UBER Awesome Undertank space.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We were there early on Sarturday and got to chat with Jamie and the crew. Came home with a few things and got to look at the 160xl again and realize how big it is compared to what we have now.