• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquastudio NYC

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Stopped in again to see Larry and Ralph and man are they packed up with some insane livestock.
They had some amazing and rare fish on hand as well,a sweet yellow belly regal angel,golden puffer amazing gem tang and the cream of the crop trigger fish Mauritius this fish was outragous......
An obscene amount of corals to choose from as well.

I'm meeting a potential new client that lives in the same town on wed....all goes well I will be stopping in for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That Gem tang has been there for awhile, if it is the one in the back tank with the Clarion angel. It is a nice store.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Yeah we stopped up there not too long ago and the place is amazing. Well worth the trip.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
That Gem tang has been there for awhile, if it is the one in the back tank with the Clarion angel. It is a nice store.

The one wi th clarion has been in my tank since December. They got another one in one of the square tanks after that.

Sunny

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Last time checked they were selling it for same price. It was maybe 1/2 inch smaller...

Last time checked they were selling it for same price. It was maybe 1/2 inch smaller...

Yea, that's why I added the suppose to be cheaper in there. I asked Ralph about a Gem he said he would bring in a 2-3" one and he told me a price for it. The fish came in and it was bigger and more money. It's still a nice store though and they get a lot of goodies coming through their doors.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I agree. It is a nice store. I would have liked a cheaper smaller Gem also :p. However mine is doing great.
Now I have my eye on that clarion ;)

Just watch out with regal angel. They should be gt because they can be tough to get eat. Mine was eating and now is not eating. I was thinking about trying to get him out of the tank. Maybe put him in the qt for awhile. Have to see what happens

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
As far as I know when it comes to a fish like the gem tang and other high end fish like that price doesnt change if its 2" or 6".
As for the Regal I think it was in the $240 range and its color were super bright seemed to be eating.

Yea, that's why I added the suppose to be cheaper in there. I asked Ralph about a Gem he said he would bring in a 2-3" one and he told me a price for it. The fish came in and it was bigger and more money. It's still a nice store though and they get a lot of goodies coming through their doors.

As far as I know when it comes to a fish like the gem tang and other high end fish like that price doesnt change if its 2" or 6".
As for the Regal I think it was in the $240 range and its color were super bright seemed to be eating.
The size does matter for price, I talked to Ralph and we agreed on a price before he brought it in. He called me 2 days later and said it was in the shop but the price was not what we agreed. I have also seen gems from 1500-4200, so there is a wide range in price on them. As for the Red Sea Regals, I picked mine up from Aquatic Obsessions for 179. I had to ask will if it was a Red Sea and he said yes. It ate at the store and hasn't stopped eating yet, it's roughly 3"s.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
The size does matter for price, I talked to Ralph and we agreed on a price before he brought it in. He called me 2 days later and said it was in the shop but the price was not what we agreed. I have also seen gems from 1500-4200, so there is a wide range in price on them. As for the Red Sea Regals, I picked mine up from Aquatic Obsessions for 179. I had to ask will if it was a Red Sea and he said yes. It ate at the store and hasn't stopped eating yet, it's roughly 3"s.

Im sure if Ralph could have given you the fish at the agreed price he would have,he is a stand up guy and $4200 for a gem tang is just pure GREED.....The person that listed it for that price should be tossed out of the buisness,as for the regal thats a great price if it has a yellow chest than its red sea unless its still in juvi colors then its a little harder to tell but not by much since the yellow comes in at roughly 1/2-3/4" in body size and Ive never seen one that small in the trade.