• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquastudio NYC

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Im sure if Ralph could have given you the fish at the agreed price he would have,he is a stand up guy and $4200 for a gem tang is just pure GREED.....The person that listed it for that price should be tossed out of the buisness,as for the regal thats a great price if it has a yellow chest than its red sea unless its still in juvi colors then its a little harder to tell but not by much since the yellow comes in at roughly 1/2-3/4" in body size and Ive never seen one that small in the trade.

I agree on what u said about Gem Tang. However, the regals from India Ocean also have yellow belly. AO probably had Indian Ocean.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I agree on what u said about Gem Tang. However, the regals from India Ocean also have yellow belly. AO probably had Indian Ocean.
The red sea has an inlet to the india ocean so I will agree to this statement on the regals.
And sonny your regal in your avatar is SWEET......

Sunny Is your regal eating everything(pellet,frozen,etc)? Mine was eating nori but now is not eating anything that I can tell. Maybe the tangs bullied him. Think tomorrow im going to try to get him out. And put him in my qt.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Sunny Is your regal eating everything(pellet,frozen,etc)? Mine was eating nori but now is not eating anything that I can tell. Maybe the tangs bullied him. Think tomorrow im going to try to get him out. And put him in my qt.

Mine is eating pellets. flakes. frozen and nori. Ah! and it is eating zoas :)

I can live with that since i hardly have any ;) :D.

Sunny

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member

If it was only eating nori theres a good chance it has an intesinal blockage,is its stomach or breast plate swollen or enlarged?Is it twiching or gasping?

If it was only eating nori theres a good chance it has an intesinal blockage,is its stomach or breast plate swollen or enlarged?Is it twiching or gasping?

Did not look swollen. And I did not notice it gasping. Tomorrow I am getting him out to see if I can get him to eat something else. If it is a blockage how would I solve that?

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
If its not swollen then its not a blockage,if you can qt it watch it for a couple days,it could be a worm problem as well.
Wild caught clownfish often have the same problem,prazi will take care of this.

If its not swollen then its not a blockage,if you can qt it watch it for a couple days,it could be a worm problem as well.
Wild caught clownfish often have the same problem,prazi will take care of this.

Looks like he is not going to make it. Maybe it was a blockage. He was eating nori but nothing else. Maybe that caused it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Im sorry to read this but I dont know of anything to help a blockage in a fish.About the only other thing I can think of to try is to microwave fresh broccoli for a minute or two and soak it in selcon or something along that line it may help to move things along if it is a blockage.
I know they love to graze and all but nori should never be a daily food in my opinion.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I read that cooked peas can act as a laxative in fish. You need to remove the outer skin of the pea and just use the soft inside. Never tried it, and not sure how well fish like peas but might be worth a shot.

I read that cooked peas can act as a laxative in fish. You need to remove the outer skin of the pea and just use the soft inside. Never tried it, and not sure how well fish like peas but might be worth a shot.

+1 I tried this and the fish loved it. My gold flake unfortunately never recovered. Swelled up like a porcupine....pretty sure it was dropsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I was finally able to get here the other day. What a beautiful store, had a great tour from my good buddy Larry!! They have some amazing corals and fish there. May have to go snag that Clarion angel this week!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah what a beautiful fish. It would make an awesome addition to your tank. Just hope it does not have an appetite for any of your prize coral.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Ah what a beautiful fish. It would make an awesome addition to your tank. Just hope it does not have an appetite for any of your prize coral.

LOL all my prize coral is in my frag tank where I can baby them, but I agree probably the only thing holding me back from taking a shot at it. I had to get rid of an amazing Regal a few years back as he developed a large appetite for corals.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I was finally able to get here the other day. What a beautiful store, had a great tour from my good buddy Larry!! They have some amazing corals and fish there. May have to go snag that Clarion angel this week!!!!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I double dog dare you to go buy the clarion....LOL

Heck I will triple dog dare you!!! You could always set up another tank just for the clarion :)

Uh oh, do you guys know what happens when people double and triple dog dare me!!!!???

I actually have a new tank being delivered this week!!!! Stay tuned......

You have a what being delivered when?????????

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Im thinking he bought the 10' tank in the back of the elos store??????
You know the one across from the clarion tank..... :nervous ;)