• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquatic Obsessions In Woodbridge

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Stopped there again today, they are getting better and better. Picked up a beautiful Derasa (35 bucks!) and a really sweet blue carpet anemone.

They are packing it in over there.. definitely worth the trip!

They have a lot of Marshall Island frags as of Friday. Things are really coming along.

Hey Brian, they're getting a couch for us!

Great owner...
Great place to purchase items. Let them know what you want and they will do everything they can to provide.
Will always stop in when in the area.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Agree. was there today also and picke dup a shrimp. Most informative and very helpful. Even searched the web on their computer for me trying to find an upgrade kit for my skimmer.

I just started in this new hobby and I love it. These guys have helped me with A LOT including knowledge and price. I would HIGHLY recommend these guys to anyone that needs help with anything.

I was in the store today for the first time. The prices were really nice on a lot of things, and this is the only store with some of the dry goods stuff i like. I was very impressed by the dry stock. Now comes the sad part, the livestock. There weren't any dead fish, thank goodness, but there were several obviously sick fish. The tanks were disgusting. The substrate either covered in brown diatom looking muck, or gloriously green slimy hair algae that seemed to be everywhere. Coral selection was not great, and there were several very dead looking corals apparently still for sale, or at least they were in display tanks with for sale items. The guy (i didn't catch his name) was very nice and helpful. He was curious about my opinion on some new dry goods he just brought into the store and looked up some food I've been looking for for a while.

I'll hope this is just a crazy algae attack or some excusable lack in maintenance and things will improve.

I have had very good luck with the corals I've bought from them. I bought a Ricordia from them about 3.5 weeks ago, and it has split twice since then. I bought green zoas from them, and they all open every day. I bought a pep. shrimp that I have no idea where it is because it hid from day one. Whether he is dead or alive I don't know, but I have been very happy with AO. They also do special orders for customers. They don't have the number of tanks that the really big places have, but they are my new favorite LFS.

Marcus

Got to say I've been in the store quite a bit and have been very happy. Will and Ethan do not give up on stressed livestock, but will tell you exactly what condition it is in if you inquire about buying it.

One of the problem corals was sent home with me today to see if I can get it to recover. In the long run I think anyone who deals with these guys will be very happy.

Are they in Woodbridge or Avenel?

I've driven down St Georges Ave in Avenel a few times now just to stop in there and have not seen the shop.

They are actually in Avenel. They are right next to the Burger King on the same side of the street. There is a puppy store in the same strip mall as them.

I have been there numerous times and bought several fish from AO. I would say between the fish selection, prices and knowledgeable staff , they are one of the better LFS in Central Jersey. I highly recommend this store.

Will and Ethan
thanks for all your help and patience with all my questions!

Peter

My wife and I met Will for the first time this evening.
Nice store...good people.
Took time after closing hours to chat about a few issues.
Overall very helpful.
We will be back.

Kenny Z.

Small but great store, went above and beyond for a <$5 fish for me. All the tanks looked clean and well cared for, fish all looked healthy and I was surprised to see such a selection. Even had black clowns for a great price, and boxing crabs (which I don't think I've ever seen in person before).

I'll absolutely be buying from them again!

I love this store .. I live in Woodbridge so I'm there just about everyother day. Great selection and the guys are really cool. I gave them a shout out on Aquarium Central about a month ago before I knew about these forums. Just got here today.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Will and Ethan are great guys, but they should have told you about us a lot sooner than this! ;)

I'll have to talk to them about that :)

Welcome to NJRC!!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
it's almost directly across from the hobby shop, right next to the Burger King.

Bax - Go into Burger King parking lot, park, get out of your car and start walking to the left...You will walk right into the parking lot! lol