• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

August 2007 - Meeting Sat. Aug. 25th- Thanks & Recap

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Donut holes. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Thank you Francis & Carol for opening your home to us Saturday morning (EARLY!). It was a great way to start the day. Carol, that Jumbalaya was out of this world. We'd LOVE to have the recipe! If not Francis is going to have to bring it to the next meeting! I'll need another fix by then. I'm hooked!

Rich & Dana, Thanks for everything from allowing us to invade your home Friday night to the loaner fan. It was a God-send last night! We all slept like babies with that moving the air in the tent! The meeting was great, as usual, even if it was a small crowd. I'm sorry more folks didn't make it down to Cape May Court House, especially since traffic was such a non-issue this weekend (much to our surprise). We had such an easy ride home today it was shocking!! The work you've done on the yard this year has really paid off because it is absolutely STUNNING.

Matt, we spent today in Ocean City doing the water slides and then crashing the waves on the beach. Funny to think it is the same beach we have up here because it is COMPLETELY different energy. It was a blast and the kids fell FAST asleep tonight! The trip home, even at 6:00pm on a Sunday night was NOTHING! We were prepared for the worst, and relieved not to have had to suffer through it.

Thanks to all who coordinated to have Birthday Cake there for me. It was really great that you guys thought enough to do that for me. It was a great touch added to the perfect day. I'm so glad to have you all as friends.

Thanks to Billy for my BEAUTIFUL birthday present. I can't wait to move it on home! I absolutely love it!!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Rich and Dana. I had a great time. Beautiful house and tank. Rich, if you ever need a job as a carpenter, LMK. All your hard work looked great.
Thanks Brian and Deb for letting me practice one of my old talents out to see if I still had it.
Matt, your a NUT.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike, that was amazing! I'm afraid to post what you did for fear of everyone going out and trying it!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ReefDrumz said:
Mike, that was amazing! I'm afraid to post what you did for fear of everyone going out and trying it!

I just made it look simple. I can guarantee you it can't be done by an armature.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mikem said:
ReefDrumz said:

I just made it look simple. I can guarantee you it can't be done by an armature.

Phew! OK, that makes me feel better!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
mikem said:
ReefDrumz said:

Phew! OK, that makes me feel better!

Went to school for 4 years to perfect that.

Thanks Again Rich and Dana, it was awesome! sorry i missed ya Francis!

I actually enjoyed the pain the next day from the flops... reminded me of my hockey seasons, oh, i was a goalie, so it actually felt normal the next day. man i miss that. although, i'm game for cotton candy fights. But, I'm sure a few of us will be eating our ammo!

now where are the pictures?!? hehe

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
billyr98 said:
now John takes his Explorer off craigslist! :)

Ha. It was on Freecycle!

Back to the meeting! Here are some of the pictures I took:

From Francis' home:
Full Tank Shot
_dsc5183.jpg

Intently watching "Equator" in Hi Def. An AMAZING show.
_dsc5184.jpg

Josh's Nano
_dsc5185.jpg

"BTA" AKA "NoFreakingWay". Green tips and rather square tenticls. Anyone have an ID on this?
_dsc5186.jpg

More as the crowd gathers
_dsc5190.jpg

_dsc5191.jpg

Psammacora, my favorite. In BRIGHT green.
_dsc5200.jpg

The Zoa collection under Night Sea:
_dsc5229.jpg

_dsc5230.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And these from Rich's house:

The crowd:
_dsc5368.jpg

_dsc5248.jpg

_dsc5249.jpg

_dsc5251.jpg

_dsc5257.jpg

_dsc5259.jpg

_dsc5260.jpg

_dsc5261.jpg

Some shots from the tank:
_dsc5271.jpg

_dsc5281.jpg

_dsc5290.jpg

_dsc5299.jpg

_dsc5311.jpg

_dsc5312.jpg

Some Zoas under Night-Sea
_dsc5316.jpg

_dsc5320.jpg

It's a beer float...
_dsc5338.jpg

Cannonballs around:
_dsc5341.jpg

_dsc5342.jpg

_dsc5343.jpg

_dsc5352.jpg

Billy? What is THIS:
_dsc5351.jpg

They watch in awe:
_dsc5345.jpg

The Flip:
_dsc5348.jpg

The Flops:
_dsc5331.jpg

_dsc5358.jpg

_dsc5364.jpg

_dsc5365.jpg

The kids trying to get in on the action:
_dsc5353.jpg

_dsc5356.jpg

_dsc5256.jpg

Shandi lounging in the pool:
_dsc5253.jpg

Thanks for a great first meeting everyone! Sorry I didn't make Francis', but thanks a million to everyone for making me feel welcome!

Rich, great tank as usual, and the reef gadget is doing wonders on the coraline! :)

Wow, I'm almost sorry I left early! I thought you all were kidding with the belly flop contests! YIKES! You guys are INSANE! LOL!

(and somehow I escaped all pictures so far! MUUAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Looking forward to the next one I can make it to!

Thanks again everyone! My "winnings" are doing great in the tank so far!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh man.....this is gonna hurt!

0807NJRC042.jpg

It's all about the height and extension.

Oh yea....and commitment (of the flopper to the mental ward)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not so fast Matt Fisher....we got you!

0807NJRC008.jpg

Josh can't figure out why Si' is blowing out his candles!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ah...your only missing an eye, elbow, and knee.....we can wait for a ruling but IMO it counts!

well, the workout officially starts tomorrow! ahh, who my kidding.

some great shots, but none of my flops - it's almost like these marks on my chest don't exist! hehe ;D
Billy has the look/technique in the one shot, but Matt certainly has the whole package... height, technique, no fear... and the marks to prove it!

WOW!

I always miss the great ones!

Tanks look great. I'm glad I missed the belly flop contest though, I'd hate to have the bypass 'zipper' open up in front of the kids!

So I gotta know, what did Mike do? Great avatar btw Mike!

Hey Pete, I'm a goalie too. Chest shots never bothered me, it's the cup crackers I can't stand. Some day I'll tell you about play against the real Ogie Olglethorpe!

blange3 said:
Hey Pete, I'm a goalie too. Chest shots never bothered me, it's the cup crackers I can't stand. Some day I'll tell you about play against the real Ogie Olglethorpe!

awesome! Chest shots were ok for me too, it was the armpit shots that got me!! with new style cups, it was only the across crease shots that were :eek:
Oh, I got a couple stories about flyers alumni games!