• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Austyn's 125 Gal mixed reef...

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
What is the magnesium at? You cannot increase Ca after a point if Mg is low.

What is the magnesium at? You cannot increase Ca after a point if Mg is low.

Well i feel like an idiot. I think i just found my problem. You asked me what my magnesium was at. So just to make sure i went and tested it again. Well found out i have been reading the darn syringe wrong!!!!!!! The divisions below 0.1 are scratched off so i was reading from 0.1 down. until i looked closer. so in reality when reading it correctly it was at 0.16 which is 1260 MAG. AARRRGGHHH! No wonder i have not been able to keep Zoo's. And the Kit is new. used 6 times since i got it. So if i am not mistaken , Low mag levels will make it harder to keep stable. Right?

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
LOL. It happens. Yes, raise Mg to like 1350 - 1400. 1260 is not that low but if you no longer can raise Ca that is your issue.
Also do you have any clams? If so then you need to dose more as clams deplete Ca real fast.

LOL. It happens. Yes, raise Mg to like 1350 - 1400. 1260 is not that low but if you no longer can raise Ca that is your issue.
Also do you have any clams? If so then you need to dose more as clams deplete Ca real fast.

No Clams yet. Holding off on them until i can get everything stable. I am going to finish out the week with testing so next week i can figure out and start a good dosing regime. Time to get the pumps :)

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
No Clams yet. Holding off on them until i can get everything stable. I am going to finish out the week with testing so next week i can figure out and start a good dosing regime. Time to get the pumps :)

Same here! I am trying to get more SPS frags in my system and figure out a good regimen so I can finally put my BRS dosing pumps in use! can't wait to get a clam or two in my system!

PICS update.

Having some fun with the camera :)

DSC05634_zps783d239b.jpg

DSC05614_zps0f580930.jpg

DSC05611_zps3c11e4ff.jpg

DSC05610_zpsc56c6b33.jpg

DSC05604_zpsb5194f39.jpg

DSC05596_zps07d64558.jpg

DSC05585_zpsb5251041.jpg

Same here! I am trying to get more SPS frags in my system and figure out a good regimen so I can finally put my BRS dosing pumps in use! can't wait to get a clam or two in my system!

I hear you. I have a feeling i will be re-scaping my tank so its SPS friendly. Im hooked. I am trying to find some caps.red ,green and purple. But i need to let everything settle down before i add more. By theway the Rainbow BTA split is almost on a rock. So hopefully it will be ready for you when you head down. Look at the new pics on my tale of the tank i just posted so you could get an idea of what it is looking like. :)

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I hear you. I have a feeling i will be re-scaping my tank so its SPS friendly. Im hooked. I am trying to find some caps.red ,green and purple. But i need to let everything settle down before i add more. By theway the Rainbow BTA split is almost on a rock. So hopefully it will be ready for you when you head down. Look at the new pics on my tale of the tank i just posted so you could get an idea of what it is looking like. :)

I have a very small frag of a green cap I can give you when I head down, I'll try to get a photo of it when I get a chance. It isnt very big, kinda broke off when I was moving things in my tank but it will grow! I have a purple cap too but it lost its color back when I had a mini cycle I am keeping an eye on it and once the color comes back, I'll frag that for you if you don't have any by then.

I am very excited for the RBTA, let me know when it's ready! I am patiently waiting for it! :)