• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Back from MACNA!!

Here is what i got
DSC00903.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

C

concept3

Oooooh, now I even hate you guys even more. 2:10AM and I have to be at work at 6:00AM and I'm looking at pictures. sheesh!

Pictures Pictures i want Pictures!

"Oooooh, now I even hate you guys even more.  2:10AM and I have to be at work at 6:00AM and I'm looking at pictures.  sheesh!"

:p
now  u know how i fell when u post  those awesome pictures with that awesome camera.. LOL

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
WoW! Sounds like a great time was had by all. I will be going to this next year for sure! I didn't realize all the cool stuff that went on there, nor did I realize that so many people from RC and NJRC go.

I also agree with Rich saying that Phyl should be reimbursed for her trip.
Truly selfless acts in the name of the club. Way to go Phyl!!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So it appears we have a second and third on my motion. Do we vote next?

I'll fourth the motion...

She truly worked her butt off this weekend. And she definately got the word out about the NJRC.. Though I think Rich also made it very well known that the NJRC would be pushing for 2008 MACNA in NJ ;)

I think Phyl was like a kid in a candy store. All the vendors, contacts and industry people she met, I dunno how she had the time, but she was busy like a bee!

I have been to several MACNA's and know what you mean. So many reefers all in one place. Almost thought about taking a ride down on Sat. Anyone who has not had the chance to attend one should. Sounds like you made some really good contacts for the club

bob

sharks said:
Most of the weekend was a blur. Especially Friday night.

Yeah, Friday night was a blast for sure! Glad you got to meet the staffers and pretty much everybody fit right in :)

Ya know its a good night when JohnL needs to kick you outta the room so he can get some sleep.. LOL

btw. Phish still rules ;) LOL

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
nagel said:
Though I think Rich also made it very well known that the NJRC would be pushing for 2008 MACNA in NJ ;) 

Yea....I was certainly politicking and putting out feelers. Got a lot of positive response from everyone every time I mentioned the possible goal for the club. Every time I mentioned Atlantic City.....everyone's eye's lit up, so I think it would go over great. I fully understand it may be ambitious, but we should go for it. 2008 is just a possible goal. If not 2008, than 2009 or 2010. It will take a lot of hard work and commitment. WAMAS did a great job and I think we could do the same or even better if we continue to come together as a group like we are. The people from WAMAS even offered their guidance if we got serious. But we still have a lot of other hurdles to jump before we get to this one. So lets knock'em down one at a time to get to the big one. Just a little something to kick around:

NJRC presents: MACNA XX at the Worlds Playground by the Sea, Atlantic City !!!!!!

RichT said:
The people from WAMAS even offered their guidance if we got serious. But we still have a lot of other hurdles to jump before we get to this one. So lets knock'em down one at a time to get to the big one. Just a little something to kick around:

Actually, Rich, thats the norm... Old hosts help the new ones.. Kinda like passing the torch.. I talked alot this weekend with Kelly (Anthony's g/f), her club hosted 3 MACNA's already, and it really comes down to being 6-8 SERIOUS planners.. It's not terribly difficult, and MASNA also helps out quite a bit with the planning. 2008 is more then a possibility, the club should be very stable and in a much better position by 2007, much less 2008.. I do not think we would have a problem getting the bid and also having a LOT of support and help from the former hosts... I know quite a few people on the MASNA board, and even they like the idea of Atlantic City..

Its very much do-able, its even better though that we had such a great turnout for the NJRC to really see what goes on at one of these events.. Now that you guys are no longer MACNA virgins, you got a much better idea..

I'm sure it will happen. With the rate that this club is improving and turning around, its gonna happen...

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl.....ya need to nix this one.....kinda frighting don't ya think? I promise we were having a great time. I know......Phyl musta just called me a name or something  :p (I think it was non-reef keeping fat boy or something like that!!!!)
p9173704.jpg

Het that's better then the second pic she posted. Looks like I crapped myself :D

It was a great event and AC would be a mad house.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
sharks said:
Het that's better then the second pic she posted. Looks like I crapped myself :D

It was a great event and AC would be a mad house.

OMG! I'm LMAO! I went back and looked again and SURE ENOUGH! You look like you crapped yourself! You're so damn funny. Now go to sleep. There will be no excuses for missing Sunday!

And a small correction... AC WILL be a mad house!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How else do you expect me to stay so sexy???? Sheese!!!!!!  8)

*thinking to self....." ohhh baby, Im too sexy"* (say it with a british accent...........much funnier)

fatbastard.jpg