• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Basement Fish Room Plans

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
New Space

Thought I was going to end up with more room but when I added the Powder Room (selling to wife feature), it got pretty tight.

FishRoomB2.jpg

FishRoomB1.jpg

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Thats a cool program and Plan. We are in the final stages of our basement project. It has been a every expensive past 6 months. But the end results are starting to turn out really nice. If you ever want to stop by for ideas let me know.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How many feet do you have between the door to the Mech room and the new powder room? It only looks like 2'?

Wow! A bar within stumbling distance to the fishroom!

That makes routine maintenance a whole lot more appealling. ;)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
How many feet do you have between the door to the Mech room and the new powder room? It only looks like 2'?

Yea,it's too close. I thought about that after I posted the pic. I wanted to put the water drums there but there is a duct over that area so there isn't enough head room to stack them. Looks like the drums are going to go behind the wall. I was hoping to keep the bar even or short of the hall to the left but dosen't look like that's going to work out. I'll probably move all of that forward about 1'. Then I'll be able to make the door swing the other way.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If my bar was in my basement with my fish stuff, I would never leave the house. Sure would make water changes a little interesting. Though the thought of cleaning the skimmer cup in the bar sink makes for tasty discussions.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did some more figer'in

FishRoomB3.jpg

Orange pipes are under pressure.
The supply and return need to be detailed but what is shown is the general idea.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It looks good Rich. The one thing you may want to do is add more ports to the manifold just in case you want to try to cram anything else in that room! Another thing I've started doing is doubling up on ball valves where proper flow rate is important. This way, if you are in a situation where you are resrticting flow to a certain area, you can use one valve to set the flow rate and the other one to turn the flow on and off completely. That enables you to turn off a whole leg without having to then reset it to the proper flow afterwards. Yeah it's a few more bucks up front but it saves a lot of grief down the line.

The only problem I see with your drawing is that you are going to continually drain your system. If it were me, I'd close the ball valve leading to your slop sink ;D (and you thought no one was paying attention!)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think you should be able to view the frag tank from the can! You can paint the back of it so that you can't see all the way through. :)

When does the project begin?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
John - new word for instant, pain free expandability - uniseals or insert-a-tee. But I do plan on a couple more hard piped outlets. Like the idea of the double valves as well thanks.

Phyl - got a couple projects to finish up (read: "honey do" list) first. Then the fun begins.