• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best Online Shopping for Corals?

I'm looking for feedback on what people believe to be some of the best on-line places to shop for corals. I'm looking for a site that sells more than your basic corals, but can offer more than frags too.

Vividaquariums.com has beautiful stuff, but the frags are all small. I have some gift shopping to do and am hoping to get something that's a nice size. LPS & SPS are the focus.

Thanks! :)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorcha said:
I have some gift shopping to do
That's not necessary Sara. A "Rich is the Greatest" post will be more than enough. (we are talking about my birthday present you never got me right?) ;) But if you insist, Acropora CASHalosa will do!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would PM smcooler on RC if you want nice stuff. He's in Hillsboro.

Smcooler for local purchases and liveaquaria.com for on line, can't beat the warranty and customer support.

I will never deal with Vividaquariums.com again bad experience with customer support when my credit card number was stolen. I new it came from them cause it was a new card with no purchases only the one I made with them.

LOL - funny Rich. Very subtle too. Since my b-day is next month, how about we just call it even? ;)

Glad to get the feedback on Vividaquariums too, thanks for that. I've been drooling over that site for a while but never ordered. We had the same thing with a credit card last fall and don't feel like doing it again. Never did get those flat screen TVs bought in Arizona either.

Thing is I'm hoping to get something that's a good size and I don't know too many who would want to break up something that much. Not completely sure on the "what"...but it's got to be a pretty cool one. I know, that narrows it down, huh? Some of the ones I've been looking at are: Tyree's Ltd. Ed. Meteor Shower Cyphastrea; Candystripe Echinophyllia; he drooled over a neon pink Yuma recently while he was in So. Cal.

I'll touch base with smcooler too. Thanks for that too!

Sorcha said:
Some of the ones I've been looking at are: Tyree's Ltd. Ed. Meteor Shower Cyphastrea; Candystripe Echinophyllia; he drooled over a neon pink Yuma recently while he was in So. Cal.

I'll touch base with smcooler too. Thanks for that too!

I got my Meteor Shower from ATL, Definitely check out Smcooler I think he has both you are looking for, the pink yuma you can find all over, mine had a baby and I'm growing it out, it's supper tiny right now hopefully it will grow pretty quick.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You can ask Atlantis for a double/triple portion of something. The resulting piece (while expensive) is generally beautiful.

Sorcha said:
Sweet! Never saw Atlantis before, don't know how I've missed that one. They've got some really nice stuff.

Big duh on my part. Shortly after I found NJRC I found Atlantis and posted about an unofficial group buy. Never followed through and then lost track of the site. Somewhere along the way I figured it must have been vividaquariums, but now I remember some of the items on there. Looks better than Vivid and after the feedback on them here, I'll avoid them now and keep a close eye on ATL.

I'll check out Ultimatefrags too, definitely. But didn't they get half their stock from you in the first place Steve?

Thanks again!

R

roncgizmo

I just heard about a local guy who sells off ebay. I bought a few frags from him
the other day and I really feel it was a great deal for what I got. He seems like a nice guy and I'll go back for more if you want to check it out he has a website you can also find his ebay link on it and if your far his shipping is really not bad at all from what I've seen at other places.

http://altisreef.com/index.html

Give him a shot and tell him Ron from clifton sent you.

pnoyreefer said:
or ultimatefrags.com and when u want something let me know he is a family friend :)

I got a bug to get something online tonight and I wanted a few things from this website but I just could not find the link to actually order anything! Maybe I missed something?