• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BORED

OK, so much for my pesto sauce / basil play on words! Back to the boring rut we were in! ::)

Fried or broiled? ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No no... no more of that. We'll go with a new RUT!

Say something nice about the person above you...

I'll start...

Bill is a great guy and does a beautiful Baptism service. It is fun getting to see his Deacon side in addition to the good friend side.

I am pretty new to the club but since day one always felt that Phyl has been one of the most welcoming people. I'm impressed with her dedication to this club and our hobby in general.

Well I was holding back because I didn't want to saddle anyone with the impossible task of saying something else nice about me, but I don't want Phil to feel neglected.

I have always admired the enthusiasm and willingness you have had to get your hands dirty helping with club business. :D

BTW Phyl, the deacon is still blushing. ::)

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Bill, is this your way of getting two nice things said about you.

Bill is a wonderful friend and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Erna is a great person, who helped us out big time and watched our two of our three crazy dogs! It was a big help in a time where we NEEDED to get away. Not sure she knew what she was getting into...but she helped out regardless! :)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's kind of tough to want to post in this thread without feeling like you're fishing for compliments but I gotta say somthing nice about Brian.

I find it hard to believe that if I hadn't gotten into reef keeping I would have never met Brian. . . and that would be a shame. He's one of the true great guys in this club.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have to say that even before I joined the club and was on this site asking questions MikeM and Brian both have been very nice, friendly and helpful. I think that was makes the club so great. On-line or at meetings the atmosphere is warm and friendly.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Okay, I blew the flow of this thread...I realized it and wanted to remove it but, Mark posted before me...

I stole your Kudos, John!

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Bill,

thumb_239_11_06_08_10_38_12.gif

Helen Keller once said:
I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.

Thanks for the hug Erna!

momof6kids said:
Helen Keller once said:
I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.

The problem here is you can't accomplish any task!

I have 20 change requests that require programmers, but none are available..

I can't eliminate wasted effort to free up more developers by requiring written user requirements because the business owners are too busy to read anything..

I can't challenge unreasonable or impossible requests, that's not customer focused..

And when attacked for not getting anything done, I can't respond as that is being defensive!

So how is everyone else's day? ;D

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Heh, right now I would trade with you. I have a 12 year old, a 9 year old and a 17 year old who are trying to tell me summer is here. School should be over. And why do we have to finish our textbooks, the kids in public school don't. It is a major battle every day. :p

My answer, boohoo, you have a mean teacher!! Deal with it! Someday they will thank me.

Gotta love it.