• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brian's 225g Monstrosity is Now 180 gallons of FUN!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear that Brian. It's a shame.

As an FYI, the amount of kalk powder in the reactor has no bearing as to how much effect it's going to have on your system. The stirrer will kick on and the water will absorb all of the kalk that it can. The rest will stay in suspension until the stirrer turns off and it has time to settle. As long as there is excess media, the water being dispensed into your system will always be at the same concentration because it'll be completely saturated. The main things that can vary are the amount of time that you feed the water, the amount you feed over that time and whether or not you are feeding while there is media still in suspension.

Sorry Brian, I didn't mean to jack your thread but I wanted to get that out there.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh foohey Brian. She looked great at the *curses* meeting! I thought for sure she'd be fine. Sorry to hear she wasn't eating (and that I didn't get a chance to tube feed her, lol). Hopefully the male holds up ok to celibacy.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for answering the question, John...that's a much more in depth answer than I would have given! FWIW though, I do have it on a timer as well. The feed pump kicks on 4 times a day for 10 minutes at a time. So it's triple redundant (if that's even possible!). I have the ATO float, then the backup ATO float in case the first fails, and if that all fails the AC Jr. comes on at 4 separate intervals (12am, 6am, 12pm, 6pm) so it doesn't run constantly. Not that I am afraid of a flood or anything!

well Todd has a female crosshatch he wants to give you. I just need to catch her :( But let me know when is good for you and I can make the trip to you. I don't want your male to lose his awesome colors without the Misses around :)

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, even though we talked about this already, of course! Mr. CH will be VERY thankful! Tell Todd he's the MAN...or better yet, tell him to come to the Holiday Party so I can tell him myself!

Brian said:
Ok, Here are 2 pictures of my new friends! (not the best pictures, but you will get the idea)

199_19_08_09_9_52_40_0.jpg

199_19_08_09_9_52_40_1.jpg

cross hatches look amazing!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks! (although the female has died :( )

Played around with my macro lens tonight...haven't done that in awhile...I need more practice!

199_03_12_09_10_48_18_4.jpg

199_03_12_09_10_48_18_3.jpg

199_03_12_09_10_48_18_2.jpg

199_03_12_09_10_48_18_1.jpg

199_03_12_09_10_48_18_0.jpg

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lol! Thanks! The bad part is that I shouldn't really NEED to practice...I've had the lens for so long already!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
WOW!! Awesome Brian, the triggers are amazing!! You must not be able to stop looking at them.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks! They are awesome, but they are becoming a little "bitey"! lol I got bit by one the other day, and they were sizing up my arm when I had it in the tank today...yikes!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did you save something for the photo of the month!? We could use some submissions! Love the colors on those first two acans. Very nice.