• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

brown acros

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Were they brown initially or just started to brown out? not sure what you are trying to say. lol

4 foot 6 bulb t5 lights

currently have no fish so parameters have been great

amonia 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
calcium 460
alk cards just read in normal zone
ph 8.2
po4 0

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
how do you raise phosphates

you can raise PO4 but just by simply feeding. you mentioned you do not have any fish yet. get yourself Reef Roids or something similiar and feed your corals. do not overfeed though. just test your PO4 till you get your desired level.

Before you start trying to raise your phosphate, find out exactly what it is. I may have missed it but what are you using to test it? Only the Hanna in my experience is gonna give your a true or close to true reading.

When did you acquire the frags. You stated at the swap, what swap? If it was recent you need to give them a bit of time.

Before you start trying to raise your phosphate, find out exactly what it is. I may have missed it but what are you using to test it? Only the Hanna in my experience is gonna give your a true or close to true reading.

When did you acquire the frags. You stated at the swap, what swap? If it was recent you need to give them a bit of time.
+ 1 I assume he means the ncpars swap. Also alot of sps brown out after long trips especially if it was cold out

yes swap was yesterday and SHE doesnt have a hanna checker its a red sea test kit

Well here's a question. Do you have other acros in there and are they brown? Also when you bought these acros yesterday, were they brown in the vendors tank or only after you got home?

Just give them some time. Like classklown stated they may have lost color due to the stress of travel and time out of a stable environment. Just acclimate properly and as long as your system is capable of handling SPS they should come around in time.