• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

brown acros

yes swap was yesterday and SHE doesnt have a hanna checker its a red sea test kit

Lol all good info..

From my experience.. I stopped trying to get phosphates to 0. It's a fools errand. Either I get my Phosphates to 0 by agressively changing GFO or waterchanges... or make my fish pissed at me for not eating. I maintain around 0.05 phosphates at all times. Nitrates I keep low but I usually have a measurable reading just a very low one. -

Coloring up SPS is pretty easy actually. Your bulbs are no where near ready for a change. The browning is probably due to water params being different than the seller. You probably temperature acclimated and then tossed them in which most ppl do. I tend to drip acclimate SPS after temp acclimating and usually they do not loose color as the water parameter shock is not as bad as a gradual change. if I do manage to shock them I start them in the sand bed until I see polyps peek out.. then I wait a few days and move them up.

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Lol all good info..

From my experience.. I stopped trying to get phosphates to 0. It's a fools errand. Either I get my Phosphates to 0 by agressively changing GFO or waterchanges... or make my fish pissed at me for not eating. I maintain around 0.05 phosphates at all times. Nitrates I keep low but I usually have a measurable reading just a very low one. -

Coloring up SPS is pretty easy actually. Your bulbs are no where near ready for a change. The browning is probably due to water params being different than the seller. You probably temperature acclimated and then tossed them in which most ppl do. I tend to drip acclimate SPS after temp acclimating and usually they do not loose color as the water parameter shock is not as bad as a gradual change. if I do manage to shock them I start them in the sand bed until I see polyps peek out.. then I wait a few days and move them up.

Couldn't have said it better myself.