• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Call of Duty WAW

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh man Joe, that really stinks. I heard about Xbox and the Red Screen of Death! Seems to be a big problem with them.

Barry, I'm not sure if it was game related or not but the fact that you're having problems is a bit concerning. The issue I was having was that every time I would go into a new battle, the system would lock up. The only way to get out of it was to turn off the power in the back. I got locked up about 5 or 6 times and then the last time the system rebooted it didn't recognize the game disk. I tried a number of disks and none of them worked.

Best decision i ever made was getting the 3 year plan through best buy for my xbox. Jesus i killed tha tthing in the first 12 days after xmas last year... took it back and picked another off the shelf. whole thing was about 5 minutes. Ive gone through about 5 or 6 in the course of 2 years and in total ive spent about 2 hours waiting on a new one.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Darn. I wish we'd have gotten the PS3 at BB instead of CC. That's a great service plan!!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I should have read this thread sooner.
My daughter had the same problem that John had with 2 of her last play stations. Of course the warranty ran out on both. She wanted a new one for Christmass and I wasn't gonna buy her a new one. I thought she was abusing them. I guess I owe her an apology.
Thanks people. I'll be heading to BB too.

yep, best policy ive had experience with to date. I just show them that the xbox doesnt work, flash my lil warranty paper, and go pick up a new one of equal or lesser value. If you bring all the components (controller, av cables etc, you dont even have to open the other box. But if you forget something they will take it out of the one you are picking up. I paid 299 for my 'box when it came out so i got the elite now, after my latest one broke. (because of price drops) :D