• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Construction Underway

malulu

NJRC Member
i am not concerning you can lift it or not...
;D

i am concerning will the tank HOLD over time??
:p

BTW:
forgot to say: it looks REAL NICE!!! I will call you for help when i have time to redo my tank-top...
;)

Patriot76 said:
im pretty sure you could make a lot of money building stands/canopies for people

very nice work
Thank you. Actually, what I did after building this stand was develop a detailed set of drawings, instructions, and material lists for building a stand and canopy in the same style as the one I'm showing in this thread. I was making them available for $9.99. I thought the response would be better but no one has contacted me for the plans.

Here a FTS from a week ago:

170_17_03_10_10_12_01.jpg

nice tank.  open criticism on the thought of selling plans for a stand build with sooo much information on how to build stands out there.  i'm sure it is cut throat but most people will try to save as many pennies as possible with everything else they have to buy.  a lot of designs and options out there as well.  look through the vast archives and plans on reefcentral.  pay 10 or perform a search for all the info through there.

i'm not here to knock your design or anything.  they say "padding threads" or bumping with little or no remarks is a bad thing.  so there's my 2 cents.

btw, any additional info on your setup overall.  i see from your signature you have a fixture in your canopy.  does it cause problems when you want to fiddle with your tank? when i had a canopy on my last build and i had a retrofit mh system i burned myself and from there i kept as close to what i needed to do as possible. i would figure with a whole fixture in there it causes even more cramped room.

live stock info?  dosing regiments?

You are certainly correct. There is alot of information on various formus for building stands and canopies, but I can certainly guarantee you this...none of them offer the level of detail that my plans do. I don't know about you, but I've wasted significantly more than $10 on many things that I've never used or didn't do what they claimed. For 10 bucks, you will be able to build not a stand, but a beautiful piece of furniture.

That said, here's some info on my tank:

System Description
• Display tank: AGA 180-gallon 72" x 24" x 24"
• Sump: AGA 55-gallon tank. Sump is located and plumbed into the garage.
• Lighting: Aquactinics T5 fixture with a (14) 39W bulbs
• Chiller: Current USA 1/4 HP
• Water circulation: (2) MP40W Vortechs, (4) MajiJet 1200 w/Seaflo Mod., Iwaki return pump.
• Skimmer: MRC- MR2 w/ (2) Injectors
• Calcium reactor: MTC Procal two-stage reactor with ARM (large) media.

Water Parameter
Specific gravity: 1.026
pH: 8.0 - 8.24
Calcium: 400-425 ppm
Alkalinity: 9 - 10 dKH
Magnesium: 1400 ppm
Phosphate: 0.02 - 0.05 (Hanna photometer)
Temperature: 77 - 78° F

Livestock

5 Anthias
2 False Perc. Clowns
1 Yellow Tang
1 Hippo Tang
1 Naso Tang
5 Green Chromis
1 Six Line Wrasse
1 Royal Gramma
1 Tuxedo Urchin
Blue Leg Hemits
Cerith Snails
Nassarius Snails
Astera Snails
Mostly SPS corals:Acros, Millipora, Montipora, etc. Some SPS: Torch, Hammer. Also some zoos.

Maintenance, Feeding & Supplements

I change out the ROX carbon once a month. I perform a 10% water change once a week with Seachem Reef Salt. My T5's will probably be changed every 9-12 months. I feed Rotifers and Oyster-Feast several times a week for the corals. I feed Cyclop-eeze, frozen mysis shrimp and pellets to the fish daily. I'm trying to achive a low nutrient system so I'm dosing the following:

Phol's Xtra: 8ml/day
MB7: 12 drops/day
Coral Vitalizer: 8 drops/day
Biofuel: 10ml/day
Zeo Amino Acids: 3 drops/day
Sponge Power: 8 drops/day
Lugol's: 1 drop/day
Brightwell's Potassion: 2ml/day
B-Balance: 4ml/day

still trying to determine what's actually useful in the brightwell neozeo method. randy holmes has a lot of negativity towards it. didn't finish reading though.