• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Controllers

Thanks everyone. Im all set to go with the neptune, and was ready to get the full system until I saw the LED buy in April. Now I don't know what to do. I wish I knew more about the LED buy. I may just breakdown and get the Lite or even Jr and save some money for the LED buy if I decide to make the switch. I have a month to mull it over.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thanks everyone. Im all set to go with the neptune, and was ready to get the full system until I saw the LED buy in April. Now I don't know what to do. I wish I knew more about the LED buy. I may just breakdown and get the Lite or even Jr and save some money for the LED buy if I decide to make the switch. I have a month to mull it over.

I wish I had more info on the LED group buy also! I am not sure if it's full fixtures or just LED Chips like from RapidLED. hmmm.

Back on topic though, I think you should definitely put the controller as a priority before the LEDs. The T5s are working for you. If it aint broke, dont fix it! in this case, don't be in such a rush to replace it.

I'm itchy, very very itchy.

Just look at it like this. If you got the controller you would sleep better and feel more comfortable when you leave the house. Peace of mind.

Plus I would be will to buy some of your Jedi mind trick from you and that would help fund you cause.

It will be ready soon Matt. The buy will be here soon enough and I'm sure a controller will be running my tank by the end of feb.

I just got an update today on my iPhone updating my apex app. Just an FYI. There are 2 different apps for an iPhone. Aquanotes and apex. I have never had much luck with the apex one. That's prob why they just updated it. I always use the aquanotes one. I guess I should of started by asking what kind of phone you had.

I have my apex control everything. Even things that don't need to be controlled. Like my Tunze Ato. Even though it controls itself I have it hooked up to the apex. I find it easier that if I have to shut stuff off I don't have to climb under the sump and unplug things. Like the Ato has the fail safe switch on it that kills the pump and sets off the beeeeeeep sound. So I can just shut it off with my phone. Or if I let my top off tank run empty and need to reset the system.

However I have no clue how to do any of that with the display. Lol I use my phone or iPad to do it all. Well other than run the feed program

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
All this talk and you guys are making me want to trade in my RKL and get an Apex!! haha

I just got an update today on my iPhone updating my apex app. Just an FYI. There are 2 different apps for an iPhone. Aquanotes and apex. I have never had much luck with the apex one. That's prob why they just updated it. I always use the aquanotes one. I guess I should of started by asking what kind of phone you had.

I have my apex control everything. Even things that don't need to be controlled. Like my Tunze Ato. Even though it controls itself I have it hooked up to the apex. I find it easier that if I have to shut stuff off I don't have to climb under the sump and unplug things. Like the Ato has the fail safe switch on it that kills the pump and sets off the beeeeeeep sound. So I can just shut it off with my phone. Or if I let my top off tank run empty and need to reset the system.

However I have no clue how to do any of that with the display. Lol I use my phone or iPad to do it all. Well other than run the feed program

Your making this easier and easier. Plus, your programming services for a frag could come in handy. Lol. JK.

Ill help anyway I can. I think I almost cried the first time I tried to figure out how to program it. Then when I thought I got it it didn't work. I was never good at math. That being said I did figure it out and I am sure it can and should do much more than I have it set to. I will help or if you want I can email you all of my programs I have it run.

I have the full Apex model, temp, ph, orp probes, and 2 EB8's.

I just got an email saying the Bulk Reef Supply started selling the Apex. I would get it from them because of the points you get for making purchases with them.

I odered mine thru Premium Aquatics. I know the unit itself is $499 no matter were you go , but the EB4 , EB8 and the ph probe are $10 cheaper then everyone else. Hopefully with the group buy you could get a couple more bucks off.

BRS is not offering a discount on a group buy. I'll wait till the PA buy that way I can get a 15% discount. I'm only going to go with the lite. So with the discount it should come in around $312

kevin

NJRC Member
BRS is not offering a discount on a group buy. I'll wait till the PA buy that way I can get a 15% discount. I'm only going to go with the lite. So with the discount it should come in around $312

that's when I got mine with the PA group buy!