• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CUSTOM 110G RR

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I just bought this used custom 110g rr tank 60x18x22 with starfire glass,it will be my next project.

thumb_101_05_12_09_7_41_54.JPG

deepblue68

POTM Winner
thanks all
i have all the equipment from a 155 bow front i took down three years ago so all i need is two overflow kits and live rock.i will post some of the equipment once i get a list together.merry xmas to me!!

deepblue68

POTM Winner
i did a look around and here is the preliminary equipment list:

iwaki 40 rlt 750 gph (will run my etss 600 skimmer)
iwaki 40rlxt return pump 1200gph.
etss 600 skimmer
50 gallon acrylic sump( i might make a new sump with refugium).
aqua 40 watt ultraviolet light.
cyclone in sump chiller with ranco controller.
mrc 2 calcium reactor with 5lb co2 bottle (if i go reef).
two 350 watt titanium heaters.
kent maxxima rodi unit 75gpd.
phosban reactor with phosban.
phosban reactor with carbon.

lighting is undecided. i do have a 72in three 250 watt metal halide 14ks with 3 55w pc for actinic. or dual 400 watt hamilton fixture with two 96 watt pc actinics. or i might just go with vhos if i go with a predator tank and not a reef?!

deepblue68

POTM Winner
just for info the gentlemen i bought my tank from has a oceanic 175 g RR with black pine stand at a excellent price i think 450.00? he is located in Bergen.if anyone is interested?

Well I guess its my fault there's no updates on this tank. I'll get up there this week and we'll beef up that stand.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
lol!! yes please do steve! my son and i will be putting the stand on a dolly so i can start working on the stand probaly today or tomorrow.then i can level it and start working on the sump and plumbing. i think in the next week or two it should start moving along.i will update as i go everyone!

deepblue68

POTM Winner
well had some problems on start up with my pumps.my return pump started smoking on start up and my skimmer pump is leaking from shaft seal.theses pumps have been sititing in moth ball for the past 4years and i quess this did not help the cause.i have a back up pump and piped that in to do a leak check on the system and check out my sump.overall two small drips at sump bulkheads which i tighten and that seemed to take care of that problem.as for pumps i gooing to leave the mag 12 for now and iam going to run the skimmer pump to see if leakage stops over time,if not i will by a new pump.

well next step is installing some electrical outlets.then mix salt and start my aqua scaping.i also have to finish my top off.i will post picture after i do aqua scaping.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
wired outlets last nite.ready to make salt and probably start putting in sand in tomorrow.i might start aqua scaping tomorrow if sand settles.