• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dangerdave’s reef

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I ordered the aquatic life hybrid fixture to add to the ap700s on my tank. It was on my original build list, but the 61 inch fixture came too late, and I didn’t want to wait any longer so I mounted the Kessil lights without them.

I saw them in person recently, Mark @ UC hung a couple up. So I decided to purchase them. They were delivered this week, but were damaged in shipment, and BRS being who they are, sent a call tag right away, and I should have a replacement on the way.

It’s a bit annoying though, the whole thing is the damage could have been avoided.

This is a pic of the box...

415C98C8-C154-4976-B36A-2851D7D39E97.jpeg

I hope the new one is packed better.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Alex @OiA

The Hammer doing great. Which is odd for me because I struggle with wall hammers historically. The bubble is doing good, the octo is really struggling. I thought I knew what the cause was a couple times, but couldn't turn it around. I think I figured it out over the weekend. I had a phosphate crash, reading a 0.00. I've taken my GFO and carbon offline and dialed back my skimmer. I was using half of what the BRS GFO calculator called for and I still crashed the phosphates. I think it will be ok, I just need to be more careful with that GFO, and test for phosphates daily for the immediate future.

Dave

DangerDave

NJRC Member
There are a couple in there that were never frags, well at least not in my tank. They're waiting for my rock move, then they're going in the display.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
The new fixture came and has been mounted. I should have done this sooner, the corals seem to love it. I also love how easy it is to adjust the height of the lights. My lights were mounted about 9” from the water before, it makes working in the tank much easier than it’s been.

24A51FBC-717A-4728-A4F3-17080CC9CA80.jpeg

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Wow that is one nice setup. Which lighting system did you get?

Thanks Diana. It's the two Kessil AP700 units I already had, mounted inside Aquatic Life's T5 hybrid fixture. The AL fixture was released right as I was building this, but they didn't have my size available until a couple months later. I didn't want to take my lights down and remount so I waited. Once I saw them at Ultimate Corals, I decided it was worth the effort.

Dave

Last edited: