• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dan's 90G Reef

Hey guys, New member here, Just figured I'd start a thread on what my tank is all about and just kind of introduce myself.

My name is Dan and I'm currently living in Blackwood(south jersey). I have a 90G Reef Ready AGA tank. 2 165w Dimmable 3W LED fixtures, 2 1400 Koralia Powerhead, 1 1050 Koralia Powerhead, Reef Octopus 150 Skimmer, BRS Single GFO Reactor, 9.5 Mag Drive Pump, about 80-100 lbs of Live Rock along with a 30G Sump.

Heres what I have as far as Livestock:
Powder Blue Tang, Yellow Tang, Christmas Wrasse, 2 Occy Clowns, Bicolor Blenny, Green Clown Goby, Yellowhead Jawfish, Pink Spotted Watchman Goby and 2 Blue Chromis

CUC:
Red Banded Coral Shrimp, Halloween Hermit, Electric Blue Hermit, Red Scarlett Hermit, Nassarius Snails, Magarita Snails, Blue Leg Hermits and 2 Emerald Crabs

Corals:
Darth Maul zoas, Captain America Palys, Orange Bam Bams, Eagle Eyes, Radioactive DragonEyes, Fire&Ice, Gorilla Nipples, Fruit Loops, Rainbow Mushroom, Red Mushroom, Blue Giant Mushroom, Green Hairy Mushrooms, Frogspawn, Green Hammer, Green/Purple Hammer, supposed 14K Gold Hammer(looks green to me tho), Fire&Ice Blastos, Green Goblin Favia, Pipe Organ, Acans, Pink Birdnest, Ponape Birdnest, Green Poci, Idaho Grape Monti Cap, Red cap, Pink cap, Gorgonian, numerous SPS pieces that I'm unsure of names.

That's all I can think of for right now. Thanks guys!

I just recently started dosing my tank with 2part solution. Don't have a dosing machine so I'm just doing it by hand for now. Things can be tricky especially when you're Alk moves everyday but your Calcium doesn't. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Awesome. You're about a half hour from me, my girlfriend is a teacher at Palmyra HS

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just recently started dosing my tank with 2part solution. Don't have a dosing machine so I'm just doing it by hand for now. Things can be tricky especially when you're Alk moves everyday but your Calcium doesn't. Anyone else experience this?

Yep! Depends on the salt you are using and the respective amounts of ALK and CALC they put in. For a while I wasn't dosing CALC at all. Now that I'm slowly switching over to IO, It still is less than the amount of ALK I add daily.

I would suggest putting dosing pumps on your wish list. This is the one piece of equipment that really helped me settle down the ALK and CALC swings. I actually dose each at three different times during the day. I use the BRS 1.1 dosing pumps and I'm very happy with them.

Yep! Depends on the salt you are using and the respective amounts of ALK and CALC they put in. For a while I wasn't dosing CALC at all. Now that I'm slowly switching over to IO, It still is less than the amount of ALK I add daily.

I would suggest putting dosing pumps on your wish list. This is the one piece of equipment that really helped me settle down the ALK and CALC swings. I actually dose each at three different times during the day. I use the BRS 1.1 dosing pumps and I'm very happy with them.

I heard if you dosed Alk then you were supposed to dose Calcium as well? Didn't think you could only dose one.

I was looking at that doser but a buddy of mine(classklown) has the Marine Magic doser and he loves it. But yeah its definitely on my wish list for sure!