• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dan's 90G Reef

Anyone have any idea why my frag of GSP hasn't really grown? I've had it for quite some time now and I thought it grew like wildfire but some of my rare zoas are growing faster than it lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Consider yourself blessed

Sent from my galaxy s4

Just picked up a few frags today, can anyone identify them? The 1st and 3rd pic are different, 3rd pic is bigger and green in the middle, probably a paly

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378754240075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378754240075.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378754255506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378754255506.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378754271028.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378754271028.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 48
Does anyone have any experience with the BRS single reactors? I have GFO in mine and after a few days, my tank becomes cloudy. Its been doing this for awhile and I cannot figure out why.

Its not too much flow bc the GFO is barely tumbling. And when I put new stuff in, I let it run off to get all dust particles out. Completely stumped

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Out of curiosity, what are you actual ALK, CALC and MAG numbers. It sounds like you are actually precipitating calcium carbonate. I know in earlier posts you mentioned dosing two-part, but don’t remember seeing numbers.

Also, even though they call it “two-part,” it’s actually three-part. The MAG is critical in keeping the calcium part in solution. If it’s too low and your CALC is high, you will get precipitation.

Accordingly, I’m not ready to blame the GFO yet….however, it could be triggering the precipitation if your numbers are off..

Out of curiosity, what are you actual ALK, CALC and MAG numbers. It sounds like you are actually precipitating calcium carbonate. I know in earlier posts you mentioned dosing two-part, but don’t remember seeing numbers.

Also, even though they call it “two-part,” it’s actually three-part. The MAG is critical in keeping the calcium part in solution. If it’s too low and your CALC is high, you will get precipitation.

Accordingly, I’m not ready to blame the GFO yet….however, it could be triggering the precipitation if your numbers are off..

Definitely not bc of dosing, this has been going on for months and I just recently started dosing.
Alk 8-8.5°
Calc 460-480ppm
Mag 1400ppm

It almost seems as if the fine particles are being crushed and then being blown into the system somehow. I don't know, definitely a head scratcher

I took everything apart and cleaned out all the lines and the base. There was a ton of crap gunked up in there! Also took the sponge back out and so far so good :)

On another note, do you guys think I should go with a Jabeo Wp25 or 40 for this tank? Can't find any specs on these guys for whatever reason

I have two 40's in a 180, and can't run them both at the same time. I'd suggest the 25's for a 4 foot tank.
Wow they really put out that much power? Awesome, I'll definitely be getting one of these, tired of my 3 powerheads taking up 3 slots in my power brick haha

Wow they really put out that much power? Awesome, I'll definitely be getting one of these, tired of my 3 powerheads taking up 3 slots in my power brick haha

I have 1 WP40 in my 90 and it moves A TON of water. so far I haven't pissed off my LPS with it yet, but im sure if I had LPS anywhere near a direct path of the thing it would destroy them. I wish I had 2xWP25s alternating every 30mins or so.

I have 1 WP40 in my 90 and it moves A TON of water. so far I haven't pissed off my LPS with it yet, but im sure if I had LPS anywhere near a direct path of the thing it would destroy them. I wish I had 2xWP25s alternating every 30mins or so.

So do you think Ill be fine with just one wp25?

So do you think Ill be fine with just one wp25?

Depends on what you want. if you want an SPS dominant system, you're probably gonna want a second. I run 2x koralia 1050s behind my rockwork to clean up detrius & the WP40 in Wave1 mode on full blast & it's definitely a little bit overkill lol. I also have essentially no sand (less than a 1/2" sand bed just for looks)

Depends on what you want. if you want an SPS dominant system, you're probably gonna want a second. I run 2x koralia 1050s behind my rockwork to clean up detrius & the WP40 in Wave1 mode on full blast & it's definitely a little bit overkill lol. I also have essentially no sand (less than a 1/2" sand bed just for looks)

Well its definitely not SPS dominant. I have a few pieces but not much. Maybe I'll start out with just one and if I need another I'll just put a powerhead back in or buy a second one