• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dan's Nuvo 16g

You could also just put two pumps instead of one running both. This way, the flow rate will double, and even if one gets clogged every so often, you have the second running full flow until you get around to cleaning the other

You could also just put two pumps instead of one running both. This way, the flow rate will double, and even if one gets clogged every so often, you have the second running full flow until you get around to cleaning the other
Yeah I guess I could do that, they're cheap enough and there's enough space. Don't know if I have enough outlet space tho. I cleaned it up earlier and it seems to be running better. Good idea tho thanks!

I had the same problem with mine haha. Watching you build this tank up has made me want to stop using mine as a Xenia grow out tank and actually turn it back into a little reef haha

So in the length of a day and a half I lost one torch completely and another I got is all shriveled up. I never have good luck with torches :/

She's discovered her new nap time place. Thank god she's a small cat lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416779283461.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416779283461.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 24
So I'm thinking of swapping my bulbs out already. Anyone with a 4 bulb fixture have a good combo I could run? And are there bulbs that are stronger than others as far as coral growth?

ATI are the top as far as t5 bulbs go. The most popular seems to be blue+,purple+, coral+,blue+. I didn't like the purple so I ran 3 b+ and 1 c+ and loved it

ATI are the top as far as t5 bulbs go. The most popular seems to be blue+,purple+, coral+,blue+. I didn't like the purple so I ran 3 b+ and 1 c+ and loved it
I was looking at ATIs. I was gonna go 2 blue, 1 purple and 1 coral.

U don't have a pic of what it looks like do ya John? Is 3 blue and 1 coral a lot of blue? Or does it balance itself out?

I was looking at ATIs. I was gonna go 2 blue, 1 purple and 1 coral.

U don't have a pic of what it looks like do ya John? Is 3 blue and 1 coral a lot of blue? Or does it balance itself out?

I dont have a pic handy. I like a little more blue and I didn't care for the extra white that the Purple+ brought with it. It is def not really blue IMO not like LED Blue. You could change the Coral+ for AquaBlue special if you want it a bit lighter. The coral+ is claims to have a bit of the purple spectrum in it, so thats why I went with that when i cut out the purple

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If you're going with a Coral+ save the money and do not get Purple+, go with True Actinic or if you want a lighter look, go with another Coral+.

AquaBlue Special just washes everything out. hate that bulb. lol

Google Tidal Garden's T5 Bulb Comparison, should help you out with bulb combos.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
BTW, if you want to save some money. PremiumAquatics have HexArc bulbs for sale at 6.99 a bulb. I've used them before and they arent bad at all, a steal at 6.99 honestly. I ordered a couple as backups.