• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DI Bypass valve

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
im sorry to bother you Paul, but could you take wide picture of this for me? i do not mean to bother but for the life of me, i can't figure out when i am doing wrong trying to mount this valve

Marcus, here's a full view shot. The water comes from the RO unit (from the membrane exit) to the valve. Right now the valve is positioned to run the water to waste (I collect my waste water in the 55 gallon drum). Once TDS out of the membrane stabilized (usually around 1 or 2 TDS.....taking about 3 - 5 minutes), I flip the valve 180 degrees, now putting the RO water through the DI canister. Hope this helps.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
So that would leave it where that new "T" is. It is before the membrane just not after the carbon. Is that to test for clogs?

Yes the gauge is to see if your sediment filter is clogging and how much pressure the membrane is actually seeing. For placement look at the canister laying sideways over top the three canister, that the ro membrane, you will see one side has 2 tubes and the other side has 1 tube coming out. The gauge should be on the one tube side of the sideways canister.

Turn on the unit and write down the pressure before you move it so you know the original pressure so you can tell if it is dropping