• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

dnov99's 260 Gal eye candy thread...

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Like the hawkfish hanging out on you mag cleaner. Is he aggressive at all towards your wrasses? I assume that any shrimp or hermits are a no go with them, right?

The hawk fish doesn't bother anybody. Honestly I love that fish and so many people comment on it. It has a fantastic personality. I have hundreds of small blue and black legged hermits. The key is to have the small ones. Fish usually leave them alone. There are no shrimp in the DT. Lol

Hmm I may have to keep my out out for one. I don't really care too much about now having any shrimp. I've barely have seen the ones I've had in the past.

john90009

NJRC Member
Wow your lightnings AI? i thought they were radions. I may need your settings since i have the hydra and need a general idea of how to set them according to yours.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Here is a sneak peek of the 60 Cube...

IMG_5951_zpsfe70a125.jpg

IMG_5958_zpsfe3891cb.jpg

Darr are u running ur main tank just on GFO still or have u gone back to zeo or pellets? Would love to know what ur supplementing (if anything) to get the colors that u do.

colors are amazing darren. So many times we read someone saying that a reefers tank looks a thousand times better in person than the pictures or video shows online.....there is no way that I could imagine that being said about your tanks since they look incredibly amazing in the photos you have posted!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Wow.....just wow!:encouragement::encouragement:

Thanks Pete!!

Wow that cubes changed a lot since I was there- unique pieces. What are you settings on your LEDs?

Thanks John, yes its loaded up with some really cool eye candy...
The LED's on the DT, are 25R 25G 85 for all the blues and I range the Whites from 25-75.

Very nice! That bounce shroom is insane!

Thanks Kevin, its had really taken off in growth...

colors are amazing darren. So many times we read someone saying that a reefers tank looks a thousand times better in person than the pictures or video shows online.....there is no way that I could imagine that being said about your tanks since they look incredibly amazing in the photos you have posted!

Thanks Steve, I appreciate that...

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Darr are u running ur main tank just on GFO still or have u gone back to zeo or pellets? Would love to know what ur supplementing (if anything) to get the colors that u do.

Hey Brian, hows it going bud? I am running a new system from a company called Natureef based out of S. Florida. I met the owner and somebody who runs the system at this past Macna. I dont run GFO or Carbon, just the Natureef system and the initial results have been absolutely incredible. Basically its a bacteria based NO3 and PO4 reduction system, but its isolates the NO3 and PO4 solely and leaves all the good stuff in the system. Its truly the best system I have ever run for nutrient control. I plan on starting another thread on the system and maybe doing a little intro to it at the meeting I am hosting in May. They even claim to be able to eliminate water changes eventually. There are hundreds of tanks in Florida that run this system and they all have been able to stop doing water changes. Its pretty incredible and groundbreaking to say the least...

Wow Darr sign me up man... Ill be looking forward to your thread as well as the meeting in may... Ill come see u before that though i have the itch for some new frags... Glad all is well with your system..

but, if we eliminate water changes all together we will have to dose for all trace elements, calcium, alk, mag, iodine and probably numerous others.

What makes this better than elos or zeovit
I read about this product year ago / I didn't jump on the band wagon
What makes you a believer ??

At this point if Darren told me he pee'd in his tank every morning to decrease nutrients I'd be peeing in mine the next chance I got. I'm sure there's a method to the madness. We'll all just have to wait for his thread.