• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DSA 135....

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Only had the return pump going so far, turned on the wave makers today as I thought the nem got a good footing, I was wrong. After about an hour he tried to fly away again, so I'm guessing he's going to take longer to attach, fed him today and he ate so that's good.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nem finally attached itself after two days and I can turn the power heads on again, tank was running off the return pump only. Moved the pumps a bit and turned the apex pumps down from 100% at peak down to 30% peak so I don't blow the Lps away, lol.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And the pics I've been waiting for, lol. 5 acans, 2 scolys and a chalice, scolys are still mad from the dip. The acan hilli is not new, just happens to be in the photo.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've been waiting a while to get a green mandarin as they aren't normally something that is stocked at the shop i go to, so today decided to order a pair from blue zoo. In addition to that, i ordered two atlantic lettuce slugs, Elysia crispata, and after doing enough research on them it looks like they eat bryopsis exclusively, i'm hoping they put a dent at what is in my tank, i'm tired of going the chemical route. After adding them up, i figured i might as well hit the free shipping mark, got a porcelain crab, anemone porcelain crab, flame scallop (will be a challenge), blue linckia star (another challenge), and a second tiger conch for the tank.

I've been waiting a while to get a green mandarin as they aren't normally something that is stocked at the shop i go to, so today decided to order a pair from blue zoo. In addition to that, i ordered two atlantic lettuce slugs, Elysia crispata, and after doing enough research on them it looks like they eat bryopsis exclusively, i'm hoping they put a dent at what is in my tank, i'm tired of going the chemical route. After adding them up, i figured i might as well hit the free shipping mark, got a porcelain crab, anemone porcelain crab, flame scallop (will be a challenge), blue linckia star (another challenge), and a second tiger conch for the tank.
Art, whats the higher Nitrate level you had in your tank while dosing nitrate?
The reason I asked is cause when I started NO3 dosing my tank had 0ppm nitrate, I dosed too much by mistake and brought it close to 40ppm and the next day I noticed the bryopsis started to die.
Here is a pic of my tank today with Nitrate at near 20ppm.
20160910_185537.jpg

I know every tank is different but it worked in my tank.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk