• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Earthquake in NJ????

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We felt it in children's hospital today.
My Dad and mom live 50 miles away in Virginia from where it happen.

Late to the thread - but I was at 388 Greenwich street/Manhattan and there were hundreds of people pouring out of the buildings. Everyone had a cellphone on their ear and it was kinda bizarre that even though we all had full bars on our phones - none of us were getting through (likely as mentioned due to the spike in activity). Then they shut down the holland tunnel - which made traffic a nightmare trying to get out of the city. Ended up re-routing via the Lincoln Tunnel. You would think the same issue/precautions with the holland would include the lincoln - but nope - good ole' port authority logic for you there.

The Geologist in the crowd did not even get to feel it! Biggest one in the east coast since the 1940s!!!

And inerestingly enough southern Colorado had a similar sized event last night, biggest there since the 1960s or so.

Still trying to understand how I missed it. Was at my colocation working on some equipment and next thing I know people are asking me If I felt the earthquake :confused:.