• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Earthquake in NJ????

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don, I think that's just due to the high volume of calls everyone was making right after it happened. I don't think any damage was done to the system, but I could be wrong.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Found this article interesting. Biggest quake in over a century in Colorado....last night.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/24/us/24earthquake.html

Dave, that article must have been written after the first quake. In searching for the info on OUR quake, I ran across a story that the quakes continued through the night and into the morning in Colorado, with a total of eight quakes. The tectonic plates are a-movin’, that’s for sure. I’m a blithering idiot, but with you realizing that, I’m willing to venture the movement of the plates out in Colorado were the cause of the Virginia plate letting loose today.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paul, we must think alike (at least occasionally) because I was thinking the same thing when I saw all those listed in Colorado. That was quite a few in such a short time. Somethings going on!

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! (Wait, did that work for chicken little or not?)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was like Taz; thought the dog as scratching under the table and yelled at him. Then he comes walking to me from the right..DOH!

But I do have a crack about 3 feet long on one room upstairs. Not sure if there was a small one I didn't notice and the quake made it larger. My attic has no floor in that section so maybe some boxes or something fell and caused the crack. Either way more work for me.

Over here in Jackson,we were doing outside lighting using ladders and my co worker and I kept looking at each other and watching the ladder's swaying,grabbing the building didnt help...whatta rush that was....do it again,do it again...lol

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paul, we must think alike………

George, my deepest sympathy. I can give you the name of my therapist. :)

Over here in Jackson, we were doing outside lighting using ladders and my co worker and I kept looking at each other and watching the ladder's swaying, grabbing the building didnt help...whatta rush that was....do it again,do it again...lol

Tony, I had a laugh at this one, but the difference between you and me is that I’d have to change my pants after that one!

Sorry everyone it was my fault. I finally got my dress for my daughters wedding 18 days before the wedding 1/2 hour before the quake.
We stopped in a store to get something to drink. As I was paying I thought I was getting a dizzy spell the counter started moving in front of me at the register and the floor was moving. I got outside jumped in the car and the car was shaking pretty bad. We actually thought we where going to be sucked into a sink hole. We drove down the road a little and saw everyone standing outside we knew then it was a Earthquake.
My kids were at the Dr on the 2nd floor they thought the building was going to come down.