• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

February Meeting - Saturday the 21st in Jackson, NJ

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, that about sums it up. Good find, Chris!

and for those of you who have seen me, I can understand why you would be questioning it being related to martial arts!

I'm interested in coming. Never been to a meeting before and I don't know what to expect.

Are we just hanging out/eating/drinking or are there reef like activities that are done?

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Noonan said:
I'm interested in coming. Never been to a meeting before and I don't know what to expect.

Are we just hanging out/eating/drinking or are there reef like activities that are done?

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes..

East, drink, talk, learn, oogle at the pretty corals and tanks, and setups you with you have. A small business meeting at 4:00PM and then the raffles.

Newbies always win the raffles, so come on by..

JohnS_323 said:
Great, there's a motivational comment if I ever heard one . . . Thanks.

Don't feel bad being one isn't a bad thing.. They promote some people here that were like interns and made them black belts. so you had people trying to do stuff that they had no idea about. Lets just say the projects weren't too great..

I think black belts are good just not the people that got "promoted" here, so i agree with Bill 100%! :)

No i don't think it has been filled Phy.. I always tell people to apply anyways, worst they can say is no. They gobble your kind up john. Corporate loves it lol

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Noonan said:
What type of small business meeting?

Nothing huge. Mainly a review of current and planned group buys, a "state of the club" statement or two and a MACNA update. Sometimes there is discussion about committees and if help is needed. The whole thing takes about 10 to 15 minutes.

Oh man, I missed this. John, I'm so sorry. Gosh - what the hell is happening? This has GOT to get better sooner or later, no?

Here's to hoping you'll find something really quick and in a hurry. :)

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything. Not that I really know WHAT you do, but the Black Belt thingy sounded intriguing for a while, until it was explained what it is. Oh and yes, I actually could see you swinging your legs around. Maybe not like Jean Claude Van Damme, but close. ;)

Noonan said:

don't worry Noonan, you won't be the only newb there. looks like I'll finally be able to make this my first meeting too.

JohnS_323 said:
ds4x4 said:
ugh... one of those............ check www.dupont.com they were hiring for our plant Deepwater not long ago, its a little ride for you. DuPont loves the black belt stuff even though all the things they do for us ends up not working or making it harder for us in operations.

Great, there's a motivational comment if I ever heard one . . . Thanks.

John,

Have you posted your resume on http://www.usajobs.gov/ yet? If not, I highly recommend giving it a go.

Hoping to make the meeting and please ignore any wet pockets. ;D

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
vangvace said:
John,

Have you posted your resume on http://www.usajobs.gov/ yet? If not, I highly recommend giving it a go.

Hoping to make the meeting and please ignore any wet pockets. ;D

No, I haven't hit that yet but I'll get on it right away. Thanks for the heads-up!

Oh and protip for when you start applying for jobs on the site:

Just because you don't think you're qualified for a job, doesn't mean that you shouldn't apply for it. Esp. with that black belt of yours.

Whoa! BillyR and Todd are coming.

I'll bring pretzels too! But you can't talk about the last Rangers/Flyers game!

Big_Suki said:
Sorry double post one more question: Do you have to be a member in order to attend the meeting?

No, you don't. Just please sign up officially, so that the sponsors will know how many people will attend.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There's almost always someone with frags for sale and there will be raffles (and the newbies always win).

There are several threads in the FS forum for pickup at the meeting and another thread in the announcements forum with frags for sale.