• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FS: BlackWorms

Purchased a good amount which will last me for a long time, so I am wanting to sell some off.. I will be selling $10+ worth bags only, like always pick up is in Union, NJ 07083 only!

This is a great food source for those finicky fish! It's live, fresh, and healthy!

Here is a picture of them in my worm keeper..
IMG_20130327_162630_018_zps92add571.jpg

$10-$15 dollar portions would look something like the picture below, this goes a long way... It could easily last you a good month or so, depending on your feeding habits..

IMG_20130328_110318_960_zpsa6fbf6d3.jpg

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
George, I am going to the meeting this Sat and will be passing by to grab something from Breakin Newz. I can get that bag for you if you like.

How do you keep them alive for an extended period, like a month? Thanks

I keep mine in the fridge, they are in about 40 degree's.. To keep them fresh and clean I drain then replace the water that they are in, I do this either once a day or every other day..

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Judeo, that would be great if you could please. If you can pay him for it, I'll give you money at the meeting.

Matt, the best thing to do (if you don't have a system setup to breed them) is to keep them in the fridge. A daily rinsing and topoff of fresh rodi water helps keep them clean and alive.

I usually get enough to last me about a week, so not sure if this will work past that long... but I'm going to experiment if I can get these. I'll have to dig up a larger container and find a spot in the fridge too. The wife isn't going to like me for it, but ya gotta do what you gotta do, right? ;)

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ahh, you beat me to it, lol

By the way, how much did you order and where did you get them from?

This is an angelfish breaders steroid. I was able to breed and keep them for over 8 months from the 1 lbs i ordered. LIke said above. Keep them in the fridge and change out the water every other day or daily if you intend to feed them. i used to throw a pinch of angels plus coloring flake food in there. So they would be also be enriched. lol i remeber making little forks out of bread ties everyday to scoop them out. I would always misplace them darn things lol. To Bad KB food didnt take over the blackworms also when they purchased the business from Mr Olson. Was so eeasy to get them.

This is an angelfish breaders steroid. I was able to breed and keep them for over 8 months from the 1 lbs i ordered. LIke said above. Keep them in the fridge and change out the water every other day or daily if you intend to feed them. i used to throw a pinch of angels plus coloring flake food in there. So they would be also be enriched. lol i remeber making little forks out of bread ties everyday to scoop them out. I would always misplace them darn things lol. To Bad KB food didnt take over the blackworms also when they purchased the business from Mr Olson. Was so eeasy to get them.

They really are steriods for fish in my opinion, and with someone like Paul B with more years than anyone I know in the hobby for him to preach blackworms says a ton, he has fish in captivity that are 20 years old now.. Pretty crazy if you ask me!

I wish I had somewhere to keep them. If I put these in the fridge my wife would flip. I gotta find good frozen ones somewhere.

I wish I had somewhere to keep them. If I put these in the fridge my wife would flip. I gotta find good frozen ones somewhere.

There clean! and they don't have a smell at all unless you let them all die... Just get a container with a cover with some small holes in it, she'll never know!

There clean! and they don't have a smell at all unless you let them all die... Just get a container with a cover with some small holes in it, she'll never know!

+1, I shouldn't have told my wife about them. I keep them in a Tupperware without a lid in a brown paper bag hidden in the back of the refrigerator. She has forgotten about them.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Picked up a bunch of these from John today, my fish are going crazy for them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk