• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FS: BlackWorms

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, all my fish love live blackworms. I have a hippo tang, percula clown, GS Maroon clown, ebli angel, neon dottyback, copper banded b-fly, and a target/spotted mandarin. They all eat them like it's crack!

By the way, KB Pet Products sells frozen blackworms. They're not as good as live, but I keep some in stock in case my LFS runs out of live.

Yea, all my fish love live blackworms. I have a hippo tang, percula clown, GS Maroon clown, ebli angel, neon dottyback, copper banded b-fly, and a target/spotted mandarin. They all eat them like it's crack!

By the way, KB Pet Products sells frozen blackworms. They're not as good as live, but I keep some in stock in case my LFS runs out of live.

Yea you can get them frozen but I love feeding my fish live stuff myself, plus there CLEAN since I rinse them with RO/DI daily, with the frozen stuff you don't know what kind of crap is in there, so essentially you're just throwing phosphates into the tank..

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I totally agree with all of that. My copperband is very finicky and will ONLY eat blackworms... so I keep some frozen on hand just in case I run out of live.

Why not buy a mini ice cube tray and make your own :)

Seen people use them when making their own rods type food. About the same size as frozen cubes per stores sell.

Would they lose any nutritional value by freezing them? If not, what is the purpose of feeding them live?

Honestly, I haven't tried freezing them.. But I think they might turn into mush after unfreezing them..... I will give it a try but keeping them alive is honestly a few seconds of your time a day... It's really no hassle...

Honestly, I haven't tried freezing them.. But I think they might turn into mush after unfreezing them..... I will give it a try but keeping them alive is honestly a few seconds of your time a day... It's really no hassle...

I have no problem keeping them alive. I'm just wondering.:D

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not quite the quantity I was expecting for the price, but the worms looked healthy and alive. My fish will enjoy them.

Thanks Breakin Newz (and Itzju for delivering them.)

Not quite the quantity I was expecting for the price, but the worms looked healthy and alive. My fish will enjoy them.

Thanks Breakin Newz (and Itzju for delivering them.)

Thank you, if you're not satisfied I can always give you more.. But it should have been pretty much the same as the picture I put up in this thread.. Lmk

Sent using Razr Maxx, excuse any typo's!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's cool. Not worth the extra trouble since I live far from you.

I pictured that bag of worms to be bigger in my head than it really was. Not your fault.

The amount you gave me was about the same 1/4 lb size at buy at my LFS for about $7.... no biggy though.

It's cool. Not worth the extra trouble since I live far from you.

I pictured that bag of worms to be bigger in my head than it really was. Not your fault.

The amount you gave me was about the same 1/4 lb size at buy at my LFS for about $7.... no biggy though.

My apologies, since I don't have some type of "measuring device" for the worms I was pretty much going by when I use to purchase from my LFS which was about $8 bucks for half of what I gave you..