• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Game Changer Crossflow Water Movement Device Coming out from Maxspect.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Been playing with a demo unit for the past few days. Man can this thing move some water. Blows the mp40 and the wp60 out of the water. Probably need two in the 7 foot 265. But one is kicking in the 90.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Is the one you're demoing the largest they will be making? Also how is the controllability of it?

Is the one you're demoing the largest they will be making? Also how is the controllability of it?

Ed is testing the middle 35W model. The prototype models have 6 adjustable speeds and some pulse modes. Will have more info on the production models controller at MACNA.

Chris

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the response. I know specs aren't really finalized yet, but what size would you guys recommend for a 57 rimless?(36"x18"x21").

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I have had mine running for 4 days and I am very impressed. I replaced a WP60 with this and it's moving much more water. It also is producing the same amount of flow as my 2 MP40's if I turn them off. I also notice that I am getting flow to places in my tank that I never saw much movement. The tank is 80" long and flow reaches the full length. If anybody in NJ wants to come see this amazing pump in action please feel free to stop by.

I have had mine running for 4 days and I am very impressed. I replaced a WP60 with this and it's moving much more water. It also is producing the same amount of flow as my 2 MP40's if I turn them off. I also notice that I am getting flow to places in my tank that I never saw much movement. The tank is 80" long and flow reaches the full length. If anybody in NJ wants to come see this amazing pump in action please feel free to stop by.

I guess the question of how it works in a tank full of rock has been answered. When the demos were showing empty tanks with balls, people were wondering how it would work full of rock etc. Is your demo model the 35w model?

I'm interested because I have a perfect shelf in my tank that I can't use because I have a mp40 that sits on the glass right next to it. It's the only place I can put it and I didn't even think it would be an issue at first. Then I placed a frag on it and it blew the skin off the one side.

That's a pretty broad statement, i know many people keeping magnificas, maybe mertens not so much. Just cause you know stickheads and coral people doesnt mean Im the only person keeping them.