• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Game Changer Crossflow Water Movement Device Coming out from Maxspect.

How wide is it inside your overflow in the middle?

The inside overflow in the middle is about 5/6" front to back, the actual piece of overflow is around 4" wide.

Right in the middle is how I have mine and it's awesome positioned like that

Awesome! Have a pic?

Are you mounting it horizontally or vertically?

If I mount it directly on the overflow or to the left / right of the overflow it'd be vertically. If I mount it on the opposite end of the tank it'd be horizontal.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Brandon, you're like a kid at Christmas

A_Christmas_Story.jpg

Calm down, it's just a powerhead......not to mention, you'll shoot your eye out! :eek:

Brandon, you're like a kid at Christmas

A_Christmas_Story.jpg

Calm down, it's just a powerhead......not to mention, you'll shoot your eye out! :eek:

When I was in Ohio for training for work I got to see the glory that is the house they filmed the movie. They have it setup like an exhibit and it is WEIRD.

Just got the gyre in and setup initially. I will say this thing moves some serious water! I put a filter sock on my tank because right now it looks like escobar dropped a package in it with the amount of stuff the gyre kicks up!

For those running the gyre vertical how low below the water surface do you run it? I'm thinking of moving it up a bit as I'm not getting as much water surface movement as I'd like.

right now i have the gyre vertical on my overflow, might try it horizontal on the opposite end of my returns. I will say thing thing is super cereally powerful and I love it.

I'm running my Gyre vertical about two inches below the water line. What setting and speed are you using?

I have it set to constant and running about 50% or so. I figure I'll give it time to adjust and slowly ramp it up over the course of a few days.

I'm running constant also but at 60 percent. I'm getting some sand kicked up but I'm concerned about lowering it and having flow issues. I still have to give pulse mode a shot.