• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Game Changer Crossflow Water Movement Device Coming out from Maxspect.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Does anyone know if it is possible to place the gyre internally on my overflow on a pennisula tank?

The idea is I'd place it right on the flat overflow vertically, but I'm unsure if the magnets that normally would go on the outside glass are able to be submersed. Hope this makes sense.

Yes it can. That's how I have mine. The magnet is completely submerged in the overflow box. Max spect had also confirmed that the magnet is able to be submerged.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
MAP pricing so whatever the listed price is the best you are going to do.

Can these b synced if u have multiple units so u can put one opposing the other or they don't do that? I know there is a reverse mode but I think if u have it aimed across the surface , when it goes into reverse it would really disturb the sand below it

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Can these b synced if u have multiple units so u can put one opposing the other or they don't do that? I know there is a reverse mode but I think if u have it aimed across the surface , when it goes into reverse it would really disturb the sand below it

not yet on the sync. Hopefully when the new controller comes out it will sync two. It is alot of flow and if turned up high it can display sand.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
not yet on the sync. Hopefully when the new controller comes out it will sync two. It is alot of flow and if turned up high it can display sand.

What are the specs on the new controller? Also will the new controller be an add on or will it be included with the newer generation gyres?

I have this sitting in my amazon cart ready to pull the trigger. Only thing holding me up is I heard there may be a new controller/update released next month?

Anyone know if this is true? I'd hate to buy this and then a month later a new one is out.

What speed setting is everyone using? I've been running mine at 100% and I'm having issues with the black rubber adapter that goes into the propeller. It keeps on ripping a part after a couple of days.

The combination is possible. I've been plucking dwarf ceriths out as I see them. I just ordered more of the rubber adapters and will lower the speed and see what happens. This a great pump...trying desperately to make it work on my tank. 8ft might be a little too big for this version.

So the Maxspect Gyre will be here Friday and I'm debating should I mount it right on the overflow or to the left/right of the overflow or opposite end? It is a single overflow 180g pennisula tank 72 x 24 x 24.

VMpOggBl.jpg