• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Gas Prices in Central NJ

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
puffanatic said:
Since when did we have to start paying .10 more a gallon for credit? I thought they make a ton of money selling gas and they can't afford the credit card fees!! I dont get it.

The $.10 a gallon only applies if you go into a station and use a card other then theirs. If you use that brands card the price is the same as cash. They are trying to get you to use their card.

Bob

magic said:
puffanatic said:
Since when did we have to start paying .10 more a gallon for credit? I thought they make a ton of money selling gas and they can't afford the credit card fees!! I dont get it.

The $.10 a gallon only applies if you go into a station and use a card other then theirs. If you use that brands card the price is the same as cash. They are trying to get you to use their card.

Bob

That doesn't happen at the Exxon/Mobil station on rt 27. Sometimes they price CASH ONLY $.10 cheaper. And when I gave them my Exxon Mobil card - it was the credit price.

Could be a station to station thing...but my take is that cash = cash.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That interesting and goes to show how much of it is up to the individual stations, regardless of brand affiliation. The Exxons by us are all one price cash/credit.

I heard that the gas Exxon is going to be separating themselves from the stations (no longer "franchising" them?).

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Hawkeye said:
camz28 said:
I just seen it for $1.87 in metuchen .

That was me siphoning the gas from dflint and selling it on the street!!! :eek: :eek:

(did I just say that out loud...LOL).

i jest...dflint if you still visit the boards - please don't come beat me up! ;D

lol ;D

It is the Citgo on Central Ave. in Metuchen. I passed it today on the way to the orthodontist and dentist. And it was $1.85. There is another no name gas station a little bit down the road from them that was $1.86. Both were cash prices.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I saw 1.91 this morning. Sadly, our typically mobbed breakfast joint was tragically slow.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Since I have a diesel pickup, I noticed that a few stations have started charging extra for diesel credit also now. I do not think he practice is right, but it only amounts to about $2.50 for a full tank for me. Imagine what they are making on truck drivers! :eek:

Taz

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Too bad I won't buy from Citgo. Hopefully the rest of the stations will continue to drop! 1.65 is amazing.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
Too bad I won't buy from Citgo. Hopefully the rest of the stations will continue to drop! 1.65 is amazing.

Ditto on the Citgo!

Bob

Its $1.87 in Bordentown with the choice of either liberty or sunoco. I just came back from Nova Scotia Canada and the price was 91.7 cents per liter which is about $3.47 per gallon if my math is correct. I think my mother in law said it had peaked at about $1.40 per liter which is about $5.42 per gallon

I hate doing conversions.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:

Agreed, it would be a tough call between buying gas at Citgo and pushing my car to the next station.

Actually theres a no name station right next to it for the same price so it wouldnt be so bad..

Personally I prefer hess, why is everyone so against citgo?

Citgo is a state owned gas station by the country of Venezuela. I don't think we should talk politics - or even foreign politics. You could google Venezuela and make your own decision.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hawkeye said:
Citgo is a state owned gas station by the country of Venezuela. I don't think we should talk politics - or even foreign politics. You could google Venezuela and make your own decision.

Look under, I think it's spelled 'Imanutjob' ;)

Bob

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
magic said:
Hawkeye said:

Look under, I think it's spelled 'Imanutjob' ;)

Bob

LOL. Either that or "DictatorWannaBe"

$1.93 regular now at the Exxon Mobil off Route 22/Warrenville. That is 15 cents cheaper then last week. I should take pictures 'cause my kids will never believe me when they get to driving age....lol.