• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Generators

I don't have that specific one...i have the Sportsman 4000 Surge Watt Generatorr. I had my 2 MP40's, 2 eheim return pumps, heater and moon lights running, plus my basement sump pump, refrigerator, 2 of my neighbors sump pumps and another neighbors table lamp.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think you'll find this 3,300 watts "Max AC Output: 4,000 watts. Rated AC Output 3,300 watts" the 4000 watts are for serge like the fridge kicking on as a matter of fact anything electrical being turned on will use more watts at first

Eh....they aren't that heavy. The only thing I don't like about my generator is that it is not supposed to be in the elements. So I usually have it running at the edge of my garage with the exhaust pointing out the door. I have to fabricate an outdoor box for it or something.

malulu

NJRC Member
you guy are crazy! I would recommend to get a NEW one if you could... imaging that the generators runs for a week straight... and you want them afterward?? how much $ discount can you really save??!

anyway! while you ARE waiting...

i am enjoy all the cool privilege that being the only one on my street that have:
- HOT MEALS
- LIGHTS
- INTERNETS
- TV!!
- and the most important one - COLD BEER! in the refrigerator!!
:p

[EDiT]
i forgot to mentioned:
- the fish tank with Return pump running PLUS T5 on it! (this is priceless!)

Eh....they aren't that heavy. The only thing I don't like about my generator is that it is not supposed to be in the elements. So I usually have it running at the edge of my garage with the exhaust pointing out the door. I have to fabricate an outdoor box for it or something.
Don't forget that they are air cooled. Make sure your box has plenty of ventilation. Run the exhaust outside of the box.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
No store is going to take back a used generator. I doubt there will be any discounts placed on them once they are returned if they are brand new in an unopened box. Keep an eye on the warehouse clubs like Costco. Every few years they come out with newer models and the old ones are discontinued and greatly discounted. That is how I picked up mine a few years back...

If you don't have a generator yet....I'd get one ASAP!! There is another Tropical Storm that will be a Hurricane by Wednesday night, Hurricane Katia. They don't know what the exact track is yet, but I'm sure it will bring us more rain at some point.

If you don't have a generator yet....I'd get one ASAP!! There is another Tropical Storm that will be a Hurricane by Wednesday night, Hurricane Katia. They don't know what the exact track is yet, but I'm sure it will bring us more rain at some point.

I was going to mention Katina earlier but thought it might be too soon. I'm hoping that the current model that shows it hooking a bit norward towards the east coast again changes.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No store is going to take back a used generator. I doubt there will be any discounts placed on them once they are returned if they are brand new in an unopened box. Keep an eye on the warehouse clubs like Costco. Every few years they come out with newer models and the old ones are discontinued and greatly discounted. That is how I picked up mine a few years back...
Homedepot.com do the same thing.. I was lucky that the site had Probs and i couldn't order one and the time i could they had sold out .. But being the PITA I am I kicked up somewhat of a stink and got a major upgrade for the same price of the other one with free shipping

Anyone looking for a decent Generator at a good price I got a Champion Power Equip. 4000 Surge 3500 running at tractor supply for 299 on sale. it's a Honda Clone engine so it runs great just a little noisy thanks to the cheaper muffler. I ran the Sump pump, the 220gal and the 55gal tanks along with a lamp, TV, Satellite box and fridge. no issues for 2 days. i do need to make wheels for it one day it's a PITA the get in out of the bed of my 2500 by myself.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tools/...ipment-3500w-4000w-portable-generator-4434023

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Is that a generator with a automatic transfer switch?

Sid, since our company installs generators w/ ATS's in pump stations all the time, I can answer that one for you. An automatic transfer switch (or ATS for short) is basically a control panel that will detect a load drop and then transfer the circuit to the generator instead of the main service entrance. I could get long winded and explain it in more details, but this link should explain it simply and even has a diagram!

http://www.cumminsonan.com/residential/products/transfer/

These require more advanced generators that have self-starters (battery powered) for them to work, but these options will keep your homes power going even when you're not home (assuming you have it fueled up.) ;)

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anyone looking for a decent Generator at a good price I got a Champion Power Equip. 4000 Surge 3500 running at tractor supply for 299 on sale. it's a Honda Clone engine so it runs great just a little noisy thanks to the cheaper muffler. I ran the Sump pump, the 220gal and the 55gal tanks along with a lamp, TV, Satellite box and fridge. no issues for 2 days. i do need to make wheels for it one day it's a PITA the get in out of the bed of my 2500 by myself.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tools/...ipment-3500w-4000w-portable-generator-4434023

Hmm, that looks like a pretty good deal... and there is a TSC relatively close to me. I might have to check that one out.

I noticed it only has 1 120v receptacle (well, there are 3, but 2 of them are pin types that I wouldn't use). Did you just plug a power strip into that and then split it off from there?