• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GYRE Settings and Help

So I picked up a gyre and put it in my 120 tonight. Not bad as it does really punch out a lot of flow. My problem is this. If I go below 40% it stops and the center button in the ring flashes red. Manual says read trouble shooting.....none to be found in box as hard copy. Go to website to register....no choice selection for gyre. Back to trouble shooting and I can't find it on said website. Now getting annoyed.....played with it and can change settings/modes but if I drop power below 40% it stops and controller flashes red. Do I have a lemon? Coralvue website is not giving me much info and I'm getting annoyed!

I put in a ticket and did get a response. A bad controler, which they will replace with proof of purchase. I am happy with this response and will see how it pans out. However, just to be a stickler.....if I registered this item with coralvue and in order to do so had to provide a serial number and proof of purchase. Then why must I do it again? I should be in their system already.

I put in a ticket and did get a response. A bad controler, which they will replace with proof of purchase. I am happy with this response and will see how it pans out. However, just to be a stickler.....if I registered this item with coralvue and in order to do so had to provide a serial number and proof of purchase. Then why must I do it again? I should be in their system already.
Glad you were happy, let me know how the replacement controller works out.

gyre

So i have it on my weir. cant make up my mind on what setting. Darren has the 2 and i would love that but not going to happen, So i have it running on reverse mode but reverse doesn't get anywhere near the push of forward. I haven't changed the rotor... Thinking of just running it on pulse. Anyone with an 8 foot tank running one? On forward constant it makes a great water movement top to back then bottom. No sand movement though. Just too damn long of a tank :)
Looking for ideas on pulse intervals...

If you do not swap out one rotor so it's both a or b on reverse all it does is create some turbulence and not really move water. When both rotors are the same one side creates turbulence while the other side moves water. When it reverses the water moving side switches. I like the pulse mode, you can set not only the speed but the length of time on and off. In my 120 I run pulse during the day at 55-60% and at night constant at 45%. Mind you I have a bare bottom system.

I like the pulse too. So stock it has an A and a B roter installed? If I put both as a will it slow the foward speed? I ask cause on 100 % foward it moves the water well. If I lower it I'm not sure if I'll get surface ripples at the far side. I'll mess with it. Prob won't switch to same roter. I like the nice wave action I get pulsing

I like the pulse too. So stock it has an A and a B roter installed? If I put both as a will it slow the foward speed? I ask cause on 100 % foward it moves the water well. If I lower it I'm not sure if I'll get surface ripples at the far side. I'll mess with it. Prob won't switch to same roter. I like the nice wave action I get pulsing

Think of each rotor as a side. If both rotors are the same (either a or b) one rotor/side moves water while the other agitates it. When it switches the opposite happens.