• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Has Anyone considered using our Ocean"s Water???

. . . or maybe you are just someone who has not bothered to read up on what Paul has actually done, and therefore you are the one who has no idea what you are talking about.

Seems roughly equivalent to the importance of testing water. But then again, what do I know. Paul and me, with our combined 80+ years of experience, must be missing something.

So tell me more about how you read up on everyone you communicate with? And your deduction is if I have not read up on Paul then I don't know what I am talking about. Wow, that is just amazing.....and people actually listen to what you have to say? Maybe it is just senility kicking in with you guys.

So tell me more about how you read up on everyone you communicate with? And your deduction is if I have not read up on Paul then I don't know what I am talking about. Wow, that is just amazing.....and people actually listen to what you have to say? Maybe it is just senility kicking in with you guys.

Her point was not to bash his way of doing things because of the way you think they should be done. You have Ben doing a lot of bashing when you don't know the person or his tank. That was her point. You must have missed it.

I think what she is saying is you are offending a lot of people. Paul is one of the more respected members not only on this board but others like Manhattan Reefers and others. There are certain people like Paul, Boomer, Sanjay(have you heard of any of them)that are well known not just here but across the reef keeping community. Oh and attacking Nikki is not a good way to get ahead in this conversation.

I think what she is saying is you are offending a lot of people. Paul is one of the more respected members not only on this board but others like Manhattan Reefers and others. There are certain people like Paul, Boomer, Sanjay(have you heard of any of them)that are well known not just here but across the reef keeping community. Oh and attacking Nikki is not a good way to get ahead in this conversation.

+1. Good point man.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Please lets stop all of this. Paul knows his stuff and Nikki is such a doll and a very advanced reefer. Nikki and her husband Mike have a sweet setup that is top notch. Just give it time and you will see. I know you are new here but be patient with us and you will see. They are some of the first people to offer a hand when someone has a problem.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes I will show photos soon in the equipment thread. But I am going out of town tomorrow. So I will get them posted hopefully on Monday.
What I got is 4 Ocean Revive Arctic T247 full spectrum and they are controllable. So keep an eye out in the equipment thread.

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
So tell me more about how you read up on everyone you communicate with? And your deduction is if I have not read up on Paul then I don't know what I am talking about. Wow, that is just amazing.....and people actually listen to what you have to say?

Not sure why you decided to take interest in a community message board and proceed to pick a fight with nearly every one in that community. I don't get too caught up in these spats but I subscribed to this a while back when Jose (I think) started it b/c I was interested in the opinions about NSW vs ASW so unfortunately I'd get a ding on my phone and an email every time there's a new post. I read and I was floored how rude you were. This is a community for people in a local area with a common interest to help each other. You're untitled to disagree, the discourse is how we learn but grow up and figure out a better way of doing it. Furthermore I have no clue why you would decide to argue with the people who work to keep this community operating. I haven't had the opportunity to meet all of the people here but I've met a few personally and they've never been anything but gracious and generous with both their knowledge and livestock.

Maybe it is just senility kicking in with you guys.

Maybe you're just an @$$h01€

Not sure why you decided to take interest in a community message board and proceed to pick a fight with nearly every one in that community. I don't get too caught up in these spats but I subscribed to this a while back when Jose (I think) started it b/c I was interested in the opinions about NSW vs ASW so unfortunately I'd get a ding on my phone and an email every time there's a new post. I read and I was floored how rude you were. This is a community for people in a local area with a common interest to help each other. You're untitled to disagree, the discourse is how we learn but grow up and figure out a better way of doing it. Furthermore I have no clue why you would decide to argue with the people who work to keep this community operating. I haven't had the opportunity to meet all of the people here but I've met a few personally and they've never been anything but gracious and generous with both their knowledge and livestock.

Maybe you're just an @$$h01€
+1 couldn't have said it any better!!!!!!

It needed to be said...

BTW... I'm waiting for the right tide this afternoon to collect some water in the longport inlet. I'm no sissy:)

It needed to be said...

BTW... I'm waiting for the right tide this afternoon to collect some water in the longport inlet. I'm no sissy:)

That is awesome Joe B!
I grew up at 34th and Pacific in Longport, and did that for YEARS in the spring and summer for my local tank (I had VERY indulgent parents who let me set up my first "real" saltwater tank at 9, and a 2d tank in the spring and summer with the critters I caught from 10 onwards). I'ld talk my mom or later my older brother into driving me to the point in longport, and I used a pump with tubing to pump water into a bucket, and then I would take it home and do a WC.
Hope you have good luck!
I once caught a butterfly at the rocks dividing Longport and Margate, we will have to compare notes some time.

I totally am and I know it if saying what's on my mind and defending my point mean that that's what I am. And of course you know by now how the saying goes, the question is are you man (or woman) enough to admit it too?

On the other side of the coin, maybe some of the old timers here could stand to learn something as well. Having an aquarium running for 42 years or whatever is amazing, but at the same time things do change. There are new techniques, there are new people and new ideas. If there were not people like me that challenge things you would all still be using under-gravel filters and bio-wheels.

Maybe instead of jumping on the popular band-wagon and scalding the newbie you could actually read what he has to say and consider the opinion before blasting him. Oh and FYI, I may be a newbie on this forum but the fact is I am fairly certain I have been doing this longer then the good majority of the members here.