• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hobbies other than reefing??

The next logical question is when are you having a meeting with some BBQ?? Haha looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our house is very small as is our tank lol. In the next year or so we'll be looking again to buy a house(currently renting as we didn't find anything we liked) & with that comes a new bigger tank. It's already in the budget & the fiance loves it as much as I do :). So the answer I guess is eventually, but not that soon.

I can however cook the day before, vac seal it & bring it to a meeting ;) just boil some water & heat it in vac seal bags & it's just like it came off the smoker.

We could go Q for Q Ryan
Little throw down maybe
100_3703.jpg

100_3704.jpg

we will have to talk John :)
I'm totally down, but if your brisket looks like that everytime, I'll be taking pointers on how to get that bark like that. mine is nice, but that's perfect :)

What do you cook on? charcoal & chunks, splits? That looks like a WSM from what I can tell, but not sure.

Thank you. That was probably the best one I cooked. I've only done brisket a few times as they are tough to find whole around here. Restaurant depot has them but it's tough to get into without a tax ID.

It is a WSM 18". Normally I use lump charcoal but every once in a while I will go with briquettes but only from trader joes. For wood I have cherry, pecan, apple, crab apple, and peach on hand. Those are what I use normally. Always on the lookout for wood around me though.

Curse you both there is a puddle of drool on my desk.

Kayaking, martial arts, and cooking...but not nearly enough time for those.

Thank you. That was probably the best one I cooked. I've only done brisket a few times as they are tough to find whole around here. Restaurant depot has them but it's tough to get into without a tax ID.

It is a WSM 18". Normally I use lump charcoal but every once in a while I will go with briquettes but only from trader joes. For wood I have cherry, pecan, apple, crab apple, and peach on hand. Those are what I use normally. Always on the lookout for wood around me though.

Truthfully I get briskets at walmart. you can get select & choice for ~1.99/lb & sometimes there's a prime in there that they didn't realize & it's a nice score.
If you find you can get a hold of too much pecan or apple & need to offload some, let me know. I also use lump/briquettes & wood chunks. not a true stick burner.

Truthfully I get briskets at walmart. you can get select & choice for ~1.99/lb & sometimes there's a prime in there that they didn't realize & it's a nice score.
If you find you can get a hold of too much pecan or apple & need to offload some, let me know. I also use lump/briquettes & wood chunks. not a true stick burner.

Which Walmart? Mine don't sell meats. Are these full uncut packers or flats.

I don't have a ton of either at the moment but if you want to stop by 1 day I can get you enough for a couple cooks each. And I have a good amount of crab apple too.

I looked at this on my phone earlier so i didn't really see much. Now I'm on my computer. Is that a tiny engine? You build that or buy it?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Very cool Joe! A lot of detail in those models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Target shooting, collecting old gum machines, lately I've been collecting Peter Hedgehogs, volunteering as an EMT is kid of a hobby, I guess. Takes up a lot of my time, anyway.