• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Holiday Party

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
TGreetings everyone!! Nikki and I are glad to open our house for the holiday party this year. Since Sandy has wiped out our frag swap we decided to go to someone's house instead of a resturant so it could be a little less formal and we could all have some fun. We are going to have some big coral raffles and maybe some surprise other items to help people who lost their tanks to get back on their feet. For those out there that have offered frags, this would be a great place to meet up. So here are some facts:

Where: Our place, 1104 barton Ave Point pleasant NJ 08742

When: Saturday December 8th 1-5pm (maybe later if I spike the eggnog)

What to bring: We are aiming for a potluck type event. We are going to supply pasta and some basics but feel free to add dish. This is obviously not required and beer or even just your smiling faces would be enough.

What to wear: I am not saying you have to wear an ugly sweater, but wear an ugly sweater (just kidding though I may have some frags if someone really has fun with this)

I am not going to go crazy with an extended bio this year, just know we are going to have a good time. For those with allergies, the cats will be sequestered to their quarters and Nikki who is allergic to cats is not allergic to our cats (Savannahs) so something to ponder. Also if you do have an allergic reaction we will have a game of pin the benedryl on the exposed hives which will be fun and educational.

Our tanks: A 205g display with a fish room downstairs with another roughly 200g. We are not nano people anymore though we are probably going to re setup the 12g in the bedroom again. We broke it down before the storm and have just not had time to put it back up.

Kids are welcome, adults acting like kids are allowed so that should not exclude too many people.

RSVP HERE so we can have an accurate head count, feel free to post here as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
This is very nice of you Mike and Nikki. Hopefully I will be there.

I will post on the RSVP page when I am getting :)

Sunny

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
He said in the OP that "Kids are allowed, adults acting like kids are allowed so that should not exclude too many people." So yes, kids are allowed. ;)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just realized that is the day of my son's first birthday party. We will not be able to make it.

Ed, I’ll bring a really nice birthday cake…..with candles. Come on, this would be the best birthday party for a one year old! He’ll think all those people are there for him.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
BTW the RSVP link is now in the first post of this thread. We have three cats so you really need to schedule and appointment to see them and let us know which one you want to see. :friendly_wink:

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike this so cool of you and your wife for opening up your house again and this time for the Holiday party. I like to say thank you very much!!!

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Better get three baby siters for those too. I just realized that is the day of my son's first birthday party. We will not be able to make it.

If my wife comes that will be one sitter covered LOL. We will miss you there ED so I will have a bear:very_drunk: just for you:smiley_simmons: Make sure you tell your Son Happy Birthday:cupcake:

I already RSVP'd Wife and I are looking forward to it. We also request cat time! :) We are crazy cat people / turtle people / fish people.. :eek:P

:tiger:
I already RSVP'd Wife and I are looking forward to it. We also request cat time! :) We are crazy cat people / turtle people / fish people.. :eek:P
I have passed along your request for cat time to D, Jarvis and Mickey. They informed me that they will pencil you in.