• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Holiday Party!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
In case you haven't noticed the new menu button at the top of the page, we've organized our annual Holiday Party and sign-ups are now open.

Please follow This Link for the RSVP page and sign up.

This is a pay-to-attend event, so please only RSVP once you have made payment to the club's PayPal account (details on the RSVP Page).

If you have any questions about the event, or if you would like to discuss any trades/deals to take place at the event, please do so in this thread.

Thanks and hope to see you all there!

The Frag Lotto sounds like a lot of fun!! So if someone brings 3 frags, does he/she get 3 raffle tickets? Or does the raffle ticket get called 3 times?

Frag Lotto: We will also be conducting a "Frag Lotto" where you bring in up to 3 frags (optional) and trade them for a raffle ticket. When your number is called, you get 1 minute to select a coral from the frag tank as a trade for the one you donated. We've done this in the past and it is a lot of fun! Here are the basic rules if you choose to particpate:
1. You can bring in up to 3 frags to enter into the swap (no duplicates please).
2. Each frag entered receives 1 raffle ticket each.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Maybe I should have shown that line as blinking red text, lol.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Jim. ;)

Just curious but around what time are you thinking the lotto will go off. I'm interested in going but frankly I'll likely not stay long. Also "not stay long" might actually mean I might not show till later in the evening. Basically passing on the dinner. Will the fee still be charged to those wishing to come later in the evening to enjoy a few drinks and company?

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Kyle, dress is casual.

John, we haven't made a schedule yet since we're not certain of our guest speaker's arrival, etc.

As for coming late... I would think the hotel would still charge us for that. I wouldn't want to tell you it was free to do that and then have them charge for you showing up.

Kyle, dress is casual.

John, we haven't made a schedule yet since we're not certain of our guest speaker's arrival, etc.

As for coming late... I would think the hotel would still charge us for that. I wouldn't want to tell you it was free to do that and then have them charge for you showing up.

When you get the schedule by all means let us know. Also the info in showing late would be appreciated as well. I can't be the only one interested in coming by later to enjoy drinks and company.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I spoke with Lori from the Hotel yesterday and unfortunately they will be charging full price for anyone who attends, regardless of when you show up. That said, only paid attendees can participate in the party.

Also, I just found out the final info on room reservations if needed. The hotel has reserved a block of 15 rooms for us at the rate of $99 per room for that Saturday night (check in as early as 4 PM and check out by Noon on Sunday.) If you need a room, just call the hotel directly @ 609-702-1600 and mention that you are with the NJ Reefers party in the "Rancocas Room". You will need to reserve the room with a credit card. NOTE - NJ Reefers is not handling the hotel payments, so please do not pay for the room with your meal purchases. Please note that this rate is only guaranteed until Monday, November 25th so if you need a room, please book it with them early.

I'll update this info on the RSVP page when I get a chance later today.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
WE Need to get the Word out about the Holiday Party!!! Time is running out.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bump! The RSVP page isn't very full yet. :nervous

We need to know by next Thursday on which meal plan we're going with so please don't don't delay folks.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Alright everybody the time is running out! Lets get are reservations in ASAP.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bump! Just wanted to remind everyone that we need to decide on group size by November 14th (Just 2 days away!)

As of now, it looks like we won't get more than 25, which means we will need to cap it to 25 persons max.

Sign ups will remain open until early December, but if we have to cap it to 25 then you may not get a chance attend if you delay.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
George, I don’t get this! I’d pay the $30 just to hear Ken Nedimeyer again. And I’ve got to drive over an hour to get there….and it’s in southern Jersey. Come on people, especially you southern folks….it’s in your backyard. You won’t be disappointed.

We get more people at a monthly meeting….and that’s to hear George talk. (Sorry George, you know it’s in jest….that’s me.) This is the founder of Coral Restoration….an organization that mirrors our mission. Check out his website HERE.

Don’t make me come over to your house and slap you silly…..SIGN UP NOW!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thank you Paul! I couldn't agree with you more. Ken will be slightly more interesting than I am, so why would you want to miss that? Dance

We're shocked at the lack of interest so far but perhaps people are just waiting to check on family plans before committing?

Besides getting the opportunity to hear from Ken, the Frag Lotto is super fun to get involved in, plus... great food catered by a professional chef! What more could you ask for?

George, I don’t get this! I’d pay the $30 just to hear Ken Nedimeyer again. And I’ve got to drive over an hour to get there….and it’s in southern Jersey. Come on people, especially you southern folks….it’s in your backyard. You won’t be disappointed.

We get more people at a monthly meeting….and that’s to hear George talk. (Sorry George, you know it’s in jest….that’s me.) This is the founder of Coral Restoration….an organization that mirrors our mission. Check out his website HERE.

Don’t make me come over to your house and slap you silly…..SIGN UP NOW!

Guilt is a powerful motivator!!! I am in...

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paul, you're now hired as our Official Event Promoter. Keep up the good work! :encouragement:

PS, it's a volunteer postition with no pay. Thank you for volunteering.

Hey bean-head, I attended and graduated from the Chris Christie School on Etiquette….with honors! Therefore, I have no problems telling these blithering idiots what they need to do. And as far as pay is concerned, it matches my current salary, so I'm good. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

"Slightly"........... LOL

What kind of dresscode are we shooting for here? Sounds awesome

Sent from my galaxy s4
I have not sign on since last year (before Sandy Storm until now). But I plan to attend the party this year if my wife let me go. as of right now, I will sign up for it. DRESSCODE, probably shirt and tie but no need to wear any pant or underwear etc... just have your shirt hang on your shoulder and tie wrap around your knee would be ok.