• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I think I started a partial uproar on RC about my rockwork & design LOL

Seriously, I wish my tank looked half as good as that. (although, I still must admit I like the look of sand. Can't get past the bare bottom thing...) Other than that, I love the arches, and the aquascaping.

Compared to that, mine looks like a glass box with a pile of purple rocks in it. ;D

Maybe when the 120 gets rolling, I'll have to enlist your assistance in putting some of these rocks to good use.

OK!!! Finally saw some good examples of Japanese tanks. One thing I did notice is in the good tanks they used at least one anenome, some had several which I found interesting. I notices the anenomes were mixed in with what looked like leathers and different varieties of Zenias. I never had an anenome in a tank with these corals. I wonder if they are immune to anenomes?!?

I personally think you are on the right track if you are trying for that style. I think now it is a matter of placement of your corals and letting them grow in. On all the ones I found nice, they usually had a focal piece like a large leather, anenome, or LPS like an open brain then placed around it corals that complimented the color of the focal. They also use a lot of "lines" like they use in floral arrangments. I did not see a lot that had greenery but some did.

I love the fact that you are trying to be artistic with your tank.

very nice!

how much flow do you have running through your tank?
does the detritis just wisk away to the overflow into the skimmer?

They are smoking something.
cigar.gif

The tank looks great! I might redo my tank to look like yours.

C

concept3

Greg, filipino but spent 10 years in the Philippines, 8 years in West Africa, and currently in NJ :D

Scandinavian? Really? Swiss? ha ha Cheeeeeeesy.

Dan- I have a 6100 and a 6000. I used to have 2 6000's and was gonna add the 6100 for more flow but 4 corals started floating around LOL and the fish all hid, I guess they thought there was a Tsunami- so I did one of each. The other 6000 is back in the box as a spare- for now. Detritus gets whisked away, Yes, including all the fish!

merv do you think you can post some pictures of the sump and the plumbing of your tank please, i want to change my sump and plumbing and i need some ideas and the way you did yours is close to what i was thinking to do
Thank you

Gabe