• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Inherited JBJ 28

Hey Jon welcome back, sorry just saw the thread. Like the scape. The cardinals will be able to wolf down the sexy shrimp eventually.
Let me know when you are up and running can try and get you some frags and stuff.
Still have the RBTA that I bought from you...or at least one of clones.

Thanks! It's great being back. I was afraid the cardinals will eventually prey on the sexies especially with the wide mouth of the male. Pretty cool you still have the RBTA, it's been a good couple of years.

I really like the way the rock work was done, can't wait to see it filled!

Thank you, I cant wait either!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking good!

Before everything gets growing in there, you might want to try drilling the rock pieces with a masonry bit and using plastic coat hanger pieces to re-epoxy the structure back together. I will state that you do take the chance of breaking up the rock with the drill, especially if they are relatively small. Maybe use a small bit with small plastic rod on the small pieces. The rod adds tremendous strength to the structure. With a quick-set epoxy, the pieces would only be out of water for minutes. Just a thought.

Oh, and nice stand! :D

Very nice!

Thank you, I'm sure you know, its a work in progress.

Looking good!

Before everything gets growing in there, you might want to try drilling the rock pieces with a masonry bit and using plastic coat hanger pieces to re-epoxy the structure back together. I will state that you do take the chance of breaking up the rock with the drill, especially if they are relatively small. Maybe use a small bit with small plastic rod on the small pieces. The rod adds tremendous strength to the structure. With a quick-set epoxy, the pieces would only be out of water for minutes. Just a thought.

Oh, and nice stand! :D

I considered fixing things when it broke. It is hard to see but I re-used the arch and a few other pieces are still connected. What is keeping me from using plastic rods is being able to rescape afterwards. I dont know if this is the final placement but at least now I have more height for coral growth.

Major shout out to mnat and Nikki, thanks again for the coral pack!
Although there are some differences when I first made this thread, this tank is still going.
I had a pair of clowns I purchased in 2007 and about a year or two ago I lost the female. Recently I found a clown the size of a nickel and gave it a go. I was concerned about re-introducing another clown because the male would go after my hand in the tank and thought for sure this little guy didn’t stand a chance. I was also worried having losing the female, what this meant for re-pairing and their sexes. Don’t know if they consider it going steady but they atleast swim together.
Not long after the female clownfish died, so did the blue lights on my China LEDs. A few months later and the whites burnt out. I guess not bad for 8+ years of service. Instead of soldering new LEDs into the old bulky light I picked up an AI prime. I’m impressed with the power these little lights can put out.

Currently Stocking:

•2 clownfish
•7 sexy shrimp
•1 Randalli pistol shrimp
•1 crocea clam
•6 rock anemones
•Few snails and hermits
•Various corals

In the short term future I plan on finding a goby or pair for the pistol shrimp and a few stomatella.
Long term future I would love to upgrade this tank to something with low iron glass and a sump.

Attachments

• 979DDEEA-E173-457D-92D7-A5E2D9FFEEF5.jpeg
    979DDEEA-E173-457D-92D7-A5E2D9FFEEF5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • EA884AAA-294F-4B4B-9F8C-885984641AAB.jpeg
    EA884AAA-294F-4B4B-9F8C-885984641AAB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11