• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

It has arrived.............. OMG, this is scary

Yesterday was a very exciting day for me - and an exhausting one. After many deliberations, votes, arguments, and headaches, I decided to go ahead and order a Perfecto 180 instead of the new 200 gallon Starphire by Perfecto because I feel the 180 will fill up the wall better. ;D

So, early in the morning I rented a U-Haul, grabbed my boys and drove to TFJ Pet Center to wait for the new baby and the accessories.

Here it is, and boy am I scared about having such a big tank. I keep going into the garage to take a peak at it, because it hasn't quite sunk in that it's actually here. :)

180Perfecto.jpg

The 40 breeder which I will convert into a sump:
180Perfecto3.jpg

"Some" accessories
180Perfecto2.jpg

Last evening I started reading some of the instructions on the Vortechs, and quickly decided I needed Tylenol and a good nights rest. :eek:

It'll be a while before I fill this baby up because the first step will be moving my 75 over so that I can put the new one in its spot.

---
Wendy

Thank you all. :)

I doubt mine will be setup before yours though. I'm in NO rush at all. Even though I'll have all of the "ingredients" by the end of this week (except the rock), I'm going to take my time with this one. I get nervous just looking at it all. ::)

---
Wendy

Wendy,
Hi. That setup looks great. I am looking to buy the same setup.Could you tell me what you paid for the three pcs. thanks B

Sure can. Here you go. :)

AngleView6-23-08.jpg

FTS6-23-08-1.jpg

I get a knot in my stomach when I think about having to move this entire thing over and around. :-\

---
Wendy

My gosh that is scary you are right...oh wait we are supposed to be supportive right?

It looks great you will have a lot to put into your new tank though and your tang should be super happy. ;D

Awesome new tank and beautiful old one. I too want a 180 but am fearful of moving or breaking down my 120 since the 180 would have to go into its spot.

Thank you all so, so much. ;D You put a huge smile on my face.

Greg, where on earth would I put the 75? The 180 will definitely have to go in that spot, because we all spend the majority of the time downstairs. Remember, I have an enormous bird cage with parrots, that takes up a lot of room. And my birds are here to stay for a long, looooong time, God willing. ;)

---
Wendy

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JerseyWendy said:
...Here it is, and boy am I scared about having such a big tank...

Congrats, Wendy. There's a really funny signature line out there that says something like "Big tanks always seem so big until you own one". You'll see, in no time you're going to be saying "Gee I wish had gone just a *little* bit bigger!" ;D

Thank you both, Bob and John.

John, I hope you're right. Still, looking at my 75, and then looking at the 180, I get quite overwhelmed. The "butterfly in the stomach" kind of feeling. :-[

---
Wendy

JerseyWendy said:
Thank you all so, so much. ;D You put a huge smile on my face.

Greg, where on earth would I put the 75? The 180 will definitely have to go in that spot, because we all spend the majority of the time downstairs. Remember, I have an enormous bird cage with parrots, that takes up a lot of room. And my birds are here to stay for a long, looooong time, God willing. ;)
Wendy

Hi Wendy
your current tank is awesoe ..cant wait to see all those corals in the 180..btw what parrots do you have? I had to yellow nape amazons when i lived in Staten Island. now that i have my own house i would love to get sulfer crest and a african grey parrot/ would love a macaw but they are sooo loud!
---

{fixed quote tags}