• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

It has arrived.............. OMG, this is scary

Wow! Congratulations on the 180!
Nice box'o goodies too!
Your 75 looks great!
I am sure the 180 will be even more beautiful :D

Thanks all. ;D So much!

My first step is having to get my 40 drilled because I want to use my return pump externally to give me more room in my sump. What size hole does it have to be? Probably a super stupid question, right?

Pete, I have 2 Amazons. A Double-Yellow-Head male, and a Yellow-Nape female. Hunter, my female is 9, I got her from my GF when she was 12 weeks, and still on 2 handfeedings a day. Quincy, my male is 4, and he was a freebie from the same GF when she was going through a divorce. He was 16 weeks when I got him. He's really, really feisty, a typical male Amazon. I can do anything with him, but the rest of the family has to watch out for his moods. He's known to be quite the Kamekaze (sp.)and stalker, lol. Hunter is just sweet all around. They share the same huge cage together, get along great, and both talk up a storm. Quincy is more of babbler and talker, while Hunter LOVES to sing. It had to have been really hard for you having to give up your birds. I can't even imagine. :(

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wendy, looking forward to the progress shots of the new tank. Let me know when you're ready to borrow the stock tank. It is here for the borrowing whenever you're ready for it!

good luck with the upgrade. I went from a 75 to a 215 and kinda felt the same as you with the overwhelmed feeling. but now it's just a walk in the park and i feel the 215 isn't big enough.

Harry

harryk said:
good luck with the upgrade. I went from a 75 to a 215 and kinda felt the same as you with the overwhelmed feeling. but now it's just a walk in the park and i feel the 215 isn't big enough.

Harry
Harry
same here...I went from a 120 to a 210 and originally thought it was overwhelming. Now i wish i would've gotten an eight foot tank like 300g. I love large angel fish and would love to have at least three or four .

good luck wendy, i went from a 90 folr to a 175 reef, i was nervouse at first too, but now that i have it established and thriving, i wish i had gone bigger, like a 240 or 300, but i love my 175 and i still have the 90 set up, i just moved it to the bedroom ;D

Thanks again you guys. You all rock!

Well, today's the day we'll attempt to move the 75 over to the window. Phyl was kind enough to lend us their stock tank (thanks so much, Phyl), and the fun begins around noon, when Alex comes back from the commissary, and the boys are home. :eek:

I'll be busy this morning clearing out the rest of the stuff in that room.

Wish us luck.

---
Wendy

All i can say is im Jealous ;). be careful you guys im sure you will be fine. Just hook up the tank to the pooch and let him pull it over for you LOL.

LOL, Mike. Well, the tank's been moved, and we didn't need Max to pull it.

Once I had drained 15 gallons of water out, and moved 1 (!!!) piece of rock with some colonies into a 10 gallon, Alex chased me out of the house. 20 minutes later he came and got me and told me I could refill the tank. :eek:

Here it is in it's new spot. Nothing broke, no damage, no ill effects (so far...knock on wood).

TankMoved8-8-0811.jpg

Now I can start with the 180 build. ;D

---
Wendy

Looks like you havent even moved it. Tell Alex I need him to come over and lift my tank up so i can put a new stand under it LOL

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi Wendy. Tank looks great. I have to stop by when you get the scary one setup.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You have every right to be scared, That tank looks great ! I damaged a couple of pieces from my reef when I moved it to my brother's house. I was upset at first until I remembered that all of my corals were purchased as frags and grew out to be what they are now so they will grow again in the new tank I'm setting up. Like you I'm upgrading and it is scary, but it will be better in the long run. Can't wait to see what you do with the new tank. I followed your last tank build and look forward to watching the progress on this one. Keep up the good work and good luck. Don't worry.

Taz

Thanks guys. You are all so super supportive. I love it.

Mike, I wish you could have been here when Alex and Mike moved the 75 over to the window. I had ....what shall I call it...the "runs" for the remainder of the day. That's how much the excitement got to my stomach. :-[ I can't wait to have you over so you can see the new one. :)

Taz, today I built a platform for the 180. We wanted it just a tad higher than what it was, so we don't have to bend over to look at the tank, especially since we have back problems. So I had Mike (my oldest) accompany me to Home Depot at 9:00AM to get all the materials, and by noon the skeleton was done. I just made a HUGE boo-boo when I cut the big piece of molding for the front. ::) So now I have to make another trip so I can finish the platform today. Tomorrow I'm planning on sanding it some more, cleaning it, and then to paint it black like the rest of the setup. The thing will raise the overall setup by exactly 5".

---
Wendy

Here are 2 pictures of the platform. In the second picture you can see the mishap. I was only off by what....4"? GRRRRR. What a stupid mistake!

Platform1.jpg

Platform2.jpg

---
Wendy