• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's 80 Gallon Lagoon Display Tank Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
thanks everyone!

I'm slowly working my way back..

as far as corals are concerned I would need to move something out for when I decide to bring in some new pieces. real estate is looking very limited with just frags/mini colonies that I have. lol

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice update Judeo. Wow, I asked to see it fully stocked and that was above and beyond what I was expecting. Looks great!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey guys! need some stocking tips for the 80!

current livestock:
Powder Brown Tang
Pair of Divinci Clowns
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Pair of Harlequin Shrimps

First things first, do not call the tang police on me!! haha I understand that the powder brown will out grow the 80 and this has been considered and why I requested the smallest healthiest one R&R Aquatics can acquire and they did not fail in finding me one that's fits the bill. Once it does get to a size where it no longer fits tje 80, an awesome deal on a powder brown will go up on the deals and steals forum! ;p it will be the only tang in this tank. always wanted a powder brown :)

now, for my question. suggest some other livestock that I can incorporate in the 80. honestly looking for smaller species, I want the powder tank to be the big boy of the tank but I want fish to compliment it. fishes full of color and personality! I had a midas blenny in there but I assume its gone. I haven't seen it for the past 7 days. I am assuming it jumped but I haven't been able to find a body. :(

let me know what you guys advise. I'm looking to fit maybe 2 more fishes in there.

Wrasses' are the way to go. I have a melunarus and a 6-line. Love both of them. 6lines can get aggressive though as they get older. Mine is good for the most part though. Mystery wrasse are also awesome. With that tank though there are a ton of possibilities. Firefish, gobies, and cardinals are also some other suggestions

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Wrasses' are the way to go. I have a melunarus and a 6-line. Love both of them. 6lines can get aggressive though as they get older. Mine is good for the most part though. Mystery wrasse are also awesome. With that tank though there are a ton of possibilities. Firefish, gobies, and cardinals are also some other suggestions

I am considering getting wrasses but I am afraid they would just jump out of the tank. I really do not want to put a screen net on the tank as I feel it kills the rimless look. but I might just have to risk it. lol

I know the possibilities are endless haha that's why I need your help! lol

Put the top on. Make it a floating top similar to Mnat that way it doesn't look out of place on the rimless. Or go with cardinals, no jumping, no problems.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
NEVER USE A HYDROMETER!

worse thing ever!

I have used and always abide by a refractrometer, unfortunately the one I was using broke and I was out of one for the past two months. My water was at a perfect salinity the last time i tested it with a refractometer. I thought, let me use my old hydrometer to use to test my water changes until i get another one, what could it hurt, right? well.. it hurt a lot. I test my water salinity with my new refractometer and it was over 1.030sg, while the hydrometer was at 1.026! I couldnt believe how inaccurate the hydrometer was. I am now making new salt water to try and lower the salinity on the tank!

invest on a refractometer ASAP, if you don't have one!! your livestock will definitely thank you.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Look what came in the mail!

877bf808-5962-4a62-b7cb-295a832e1c3e.jpg

Neptune AFS (Automatic Feeder System)
Neptune Breakout Box
Jebao DC6000 Marine Aqua Pump

I will be busy this weekend revamping the plumbing to include the new DC controllable pump. Honestly, for the price these pumps go for and the reviews, I just couldn't resist. I mean, in terms of quality I believe these are made the same as the higher priced ones in the market right now.

As far as the AFS, I was actually very excited for this to come out from Neptune. The ability to control when to feed from my phone is just awesome. I have to admit I forget to feed my fish sometimes and at least now, they will be fed during the day instead of just one big meal at night. I feed my fish regularly dry pellets and flakes and then give them a mysis/bloodworms here and there.

The breakout box is self explanatory, need it for an ATO system! haha

fun stuff when you get new things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.