• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's Rimless 34 Gallon Frag Tank Build

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
some of the pick ups yesterday. looking mighty fine. spent way more money then I wanted lol

wPGqH0i.jpg

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I know PCR is different anywhere you put it, mine is just green at the moment. After a close call due to incorrect placement it's coloring back up. All extremely bright green, and starting to show some red but I sure hope mine gets those colors!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I know PCR is different anywhere you put it, mine is just green at the moment. After a close call due to incorrect placement it's coloring back up. All extremely bright green, and starting to show some red but I sure hope mine gets those colors!

they usually color up real quick, i have mine under T5s and Radions, pretty much getting high PAR, never really turned green for me, more on the yellowish/red side.

close! but no cigar man. did you get the clean up the 34 yet? lol
No not yet going to build a stand for it this weekend then clean it up. She's a little on the dirty side but not to bad. Tried to get the kessil mount off but that sucker is on there going to try and hit it with a heat gun and see what happens.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
No not yet going to build a stand for it this weekend then clean it up. She's a little on the dirty side but not to bad. Tried to get the kessil mount off but that sucker is on there going to try and hit it with a heat gun and see what happens.

yeah, im not sure why it got stuck on there. but yeah, vinegar or a soak in citric acid should definitely clean it up.

Maybe you should sell me some stuff!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

i will when i actually get some time to frag stuff. lol

lost my ORA Chips yesterday, seems like my tuxedo urchin is starting to munch on my SPS. saw it yesterday morning directly on top of it. didnt think it was eating the coral tho. came back from work and it looked scraped to death.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
yeah, im not sure why it got stuck on there. but yeah, vinegar or a soak in citric acid should definitely clean it up.

i will when i actually get some time to frag stuff. lol

lost my ORA Chips yesterday, seems like my tuxedo urchin is starting to munch on my SPS. saw it yesterday morning directly on top of it. didnt think it was eating the coral tho. came back from work and it looked scraped to death.
Same thing happened to me with my long spine black urchin. I gave him away!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
oh man that's not good!
Same thing happened to me with my long spine black urchin. I gave him away!

yeah, didnt think a tuxedo would go rogue, might of not have eaten the sps but it did sure do some damage to it scraping around for algae. currently banished to the sump. 34 gallon might have just been too small for it to properly graze with out it doing damage. just sucks it was the ORA Chips but that acro I got from you Jay might be a ORA chips or similar. need to see a bigger colony.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
yeah, didnt think a tuxedo would go rogue, might of not have eaten the sps but it did sure do some damage to it scraping around for algae. currently banished to the sump. 34 gallon might have just been too small for it to properly graze with out it doing damage. just sucks it was the ORA Chips but that acro I got from you Jay might be a ORA chips or similar. need to see a bigger colony.
Pic from about 2 months ago post urchin breaking off a portion if it...
085b1fb1cb9819c2b2a961b0c0fbc7eb.jpg

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Pic from about 2 months ago post urchin breaking off a portion if it...
085b1fb1cb9819c2b2a961b0c0fbc7eb.jpg

with that picture probably not, but there is a chance, if you see a greenish/brownish base coming and tips turns darker blue/purplish. we'll see. lol