• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's Rimless 34 Gallon Frag Tank Build

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I'll to figure it out tonight, need to go through my invoices or my pictures of when it came in. I take pics incase of DOAs and stuff.

haha, i really should start fragging some stuff since it'll help me offset some cost but im enjoying just seeing them grow out. my two colonies of PC Rainbow definitely need to get fragged tho haha

Do you have any pics of them? PC Rainbow varies in colors so much per system, I'd love to see what yours look like.

Dave

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Do you have any pics of them? PC Rainbow varies in colors so much per system, I'd love to see what yours look like.

Dave

Honestly, looks pretty much like a PC Rainbow lol red upper portion with gold,yellowish, green base.

i'll try and take a snap tonight. if you look at the last pic, the lower left frag is a PC Rainbow, that piece came from the base which explains the lack of red but once its branches out the red comes in.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member

Dave

here you go sir, one of my mini colonies. both look the same. fast growers.

TQqTFTb.jpg

DangerDave

NJRC Member
thanks, wished it colored up more. do you have a PC Rainbow? got a pic for comparison?

I have a small frag, it's just yellow with red polyps (So red they almost look brown). I'll get a pic for ya. I hope it ends up like yours though. How much light is yours getting?

Dave

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I have a small frag, it's just yellow with red polyps (So red they almost look brown). I'll get a pic for ya. I hope it ends up like yours though. How much light is yours getting?

Dave

it's under 2 radion xr15s and t5s. 40% Max since the tank is shallow.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
WELP, seems like I have red bugs in the frag tank. I've been having a few issues with certain types of corals ever since I lost my Chips Acro, one of my frags weren't doing so hot and polyp extension has reduced. decided to dip it to rule out and pest but lo and behold, little red specs fell off in droves. :mad::mad::mad:

i have no idea where it came from. i dipped all new coral so I assume it must of started off as eggs or something that the dip didnt take care of it. unfortunate.

WELP, seems like I have red bugs in the frag tank. I've been having a few issues with certain types of corals ever since I lost my Chips Acro, one of my frags weren't doing so hot and polyp extension has reduced. decided to dip it to rule out and pest but lo and behold, little red specs fell off in droves. :mad::mad::mad:

i have no idea where it came from. i dipped all new coral so I assume it must of started off as eggs or something that the dip didnt take care of it. unfortunate.

I’m telling you man, always something in this hobby!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with that Judeo, I have no idea what advice to give you man.....there are couple of products out there as you may know of already but I’m not sure if they really work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I’m telling you man, always something in this hobby!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with that Judeo, I have no idea what advice to give you man.....there are couple of products out there as you may know of already but I’m not sure if they really work.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha, I mean without surprises like these the hobby would be boring! lol /s

but i'm just glad I caught it before it was in my upcoming display tank. really gonna be meticulous when it comes to putting things in that tank once its running. I've order Dr. G's coral dip since it uses the same ingredient in Interceptor. if you guys know any vets that can write a script for me, would be great help as well.

Sucks bro. But glad you spotted them

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner

Sorry to hear that man! This hobby can be brutal at times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk