• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

January 2016 meeting

January 2016 meeting
Posted by kschweer
124 West ave Pitman, Nj 08071
Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:01 PM
Until: Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:05 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
The January 2016 meeting will be held at the home of Seahorsekeeper (Krista). Here's Kristas bio:

Hi! I have been into saltwater tanks since around 2010. It all got started when I took a job working part-time at a pet store. I was hired to work with the fish, small animals, reptiles and birds. I spent a lot of my time learning about fish tanks and their care. Shortly after I was hired, I was promoted to the manager of that department. I figured that since I was giving a lot of people advice on caring for aquariums that I should have my own tank. I started with a small, 16 gallon tank that was freshwater. I quickly got bored and was talking to another manager about a saltwater tank. He said it was too complicated and that I shouldn’t bother. I took it as challenge accepted and began building a saltwater tank. I started with turning the 16 gallon into a saltwater tank then upgraded to a 55 and last summer I upgraded to a 75. Right now, I have a 75 gallon tank that is in the process of being rebuilt due to some major losses that I had over the summer. I got discouraged after I lost most of my corals. I am now reenergized about the tank and I am turning the tank into a seahorse oasis.

Most recent tank pic before the 75 upgrade

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks like 20 miles from me, might be the first one i'll actually be able to make, depending on work.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I'm going to check the calendar and try to make it. Probably about an hour's drive. Have to balance the drive time against the fact that it seems to be a 4 minute meet. Guessing theres a pretty tight schedule.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I'm going to check the calendar and try to make it. Probably about an hour's drive. Have to balance the drive time against the fact that it seems to be a 4 minute meet. Guessing theres a pretty tight schedule.
Haha. Sorry about that my first time "creating an event" I'll see if I can get it fixed.