• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jceli728's 120g tale

I finally decided to make the move and upgrade, I have been debating between a 180g and a 120g tank for a long time. What I was primarily looking for is front to back depth, I also took into consideration a possible move in the near future and decided to go with the 120g.

I will try to give as much details as possible on this built. I hope you enjoy it!!!

This is what I have for the stand so far:
IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The stand looks great. Nice job!

How do you like the weight of that thing? We just did one for a 90 and skinned it with ½ ply...it weighs a ton.

Your skin looks pretty nice. What did you use?

its heavy! but feels very sturdy and safer than the ones AGA makes. With my current tank every time I look at always wonder how those sticks are holding that much weight.

I used 3/4x6" pieces to skin top, bottom and posts. I want to give it a clean look, today I will be pulling put the router and working on some detail work and crown molding. Will post pics soon.

That looks horrible. Tell ya what. I'll bring my truck over and cart if off for ya. :eek: :p

Just kidding. That looks aweome. I'm starting to think I should try something like myself. How much experience do you have doing this?

Don't even MENTION those AGA stands! Those things are put together with staples. Yours looks really great, and is I'm sure 5X as strong as a commercial stand.

That looks horrible. Tell ya what. I'll bring my truck over and cart if off for ya.

Just kidding. That looks aweome. I'm starting to think I should try something like myself. How much experience do you have doing this?

No experience at all, this is my first time building something like this. I have always been a handy type of guy and having all the right tools helps a lot.

I have 90% of stand complete. I need to work on the doors but I might leave that for last as they could be the last thing I add to the stand. Next project canopy.

Here is an update

securedownload.jpg

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccee!

hook it up and let us know how it runs?

what's the foot print of that beauty?

Nice. Will be anxious to see how it runs.

I have my tank cycling now. Still haven't hooked up the skimmer yet, but soon. Dang thing is confusing just trying to assemble it.

Who said you need a tank and corals? I think this build is done with that stand and that skimmer. Very, Very nice.