• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jceli728's 120g tale

Hawkeye said:
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccee!

hook it up and let us know how it runs?

what's the foot print of that beauty?

I will keep you guys posted on the performance as soon as I get it running. Here are some details on the skimmer:

Cone inside diameter :
Bottom 10.2" (260mm)
Top 6.2" (160mm)
Neck: 5.8" (150mm)
Flange : 11.79" (300 mm)
Foot Print: 11.79" x 16.5" (300 x 420mm) including pump
Height: 23.58" (600mm)
Conecolumn height : 12.58" (320mm)
Bottom plate and Lid: 0.4" (10 mm) White PVC plate
Outletpipe : 2" (50mm) red
Inlet : 1.25" (32mm) removable
Silencer :. 2.5" (63 mm)Resonator
Connection from Pump to Skimmer : 1.2" (30mm) Siliconehose
Air hose: 0.4" (10mm) ID Silicone hose
Pump : Custom made Mini Red dragon 1500
Screws : Titanium
Airintake : 1500 LPH
Water Intake: 3000 LPH
Rated for: 130g to 450g

ricwilli said:
Who said you need a tank and corals? I think this build is done with that stand and that skimmer. Very, Very nice.

Thanks, I wish I could just stop but so much to go.... I'm working on my canopy now I'm hoping to have the whole setup done and running by next week.

junk said:
Nice.  Will be anxious to see how it runs.

I have my tank cycling now.  Still haven't hooked up the skimmer yet, but soon.  Dang thing is confusing just trying to assemble it.

What skimmer did you get? What light setup?

Very sad day today. :-[  I came home and like any other day I went to check my fish and they were all upside down.  I took my setup down and transfer everything to a tub while a let my tank cycle for a few days, they had only been there for 2 days and this morning before I went to work they were all fine.  Corals are doing fine checked water parameters everything is Ok, all the fishes have been together for over 2 years they were healthy and fat.

I don't know what went wrong!!!

current losses:

purple tang
2 yellow tangs
Green mandarin "Picture of the Month"
1 falce percs  2 still alive but doesn't seem like they are going to make it.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow! Very sorry to see this.

All the fish die and the corals are all ok....is that a puzzle??

Did you measure for stray voltage?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did you get a tingle or shock when you put your hand in the tank or sump?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you have a VOM (Voltage-ohm meter), set it for AC volts and stick one probe in the water and ground the other probe. I usually just ground to the little screw on either a switch plate or outlet plate.

mikem said:
Did you get a tingle or shock when you put your hand in the tank or sump?

No, nothing at all
mikem said:
Is this a tank that has been cycled already?

Parameters are not there yet. Should I transfer all the corals to a fresh mix tank of saltwater? I'm worried that something else would happen over night. I tested the water 1 more time but everything is good.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
jceli728 said:
Parameters are not there yet.

I tested the water 1 more time but everything is good.

The above two quotes are confusing.  What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate numbers.  I've got a hunch, with this being a relatively new tank, you have ammonia or nitrite there, and that's not good.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Corals do fine in an uncycled tank, most fish won't make it thru a cycle. I would check your LFS and see if they have a package of BIO-Speria and throw that in the tank for a quick cycle.

redfishbluefish said:
jceli728 said:
Parameters are not there yet.

I tested the water 1 more time but everything is good.

The above two quotes are confusing. What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate numbers. I've got a hunch, with this being a relatively new tank, you have ammonia or nitrite there, and that's not good.
Sorry about that parameters on the new tank are not there yet still have some high readings on nitrite and nitrate.

Parameters on the tub where I'm holding everything is ok.
mikem said:
Corals do fine in an uncycled tank, most fish won't make it thru a cycle. I would check your LFS and see if they have a package of BIO-Speria and throw that in the tank for a quick cycle.

I Will check first thing in the morning.